Coca Cola India and its investments
- Coca-Cola India is among the leading beverage companies in country with a wide portfolio of sparkling and still brands.
- Coca-Cola system in India has invested $2 Billion till 2011, since its re-entry into India in 1993.
- Coca-Cola system comprises of Coca-Cola India, Hindustan Coca-Cola Beverages and 13 licensed bottling partners.
- The company aims to double its investments in India to $5 billion by 2020.
Coca-Cola India product portfolio
Coca-Cola India has wide range of products like Coca-Cola, Diet Coke, Thums Up, Fanta, Limca, Sprite, Maaza, Minute Maid range of juices, hot and cold tea and coffee options, packaged drinking water, and energy drinks.
Coca-Cola India launches 'Maaza Milky Delite'
- Coca-Cola tested the waters of Indian dairy segment with its mango and milk based drink Maaza Milky Delite.
- Maaza Milky Delite, developed at Coke's R&D centre in Gurgaon, was rolled out on 13 Aug 2014.
- The product was made available in 200ml packages at a price of ₹25.
- Venaktesh Kini, the current president of Coke India and South West Asia called it a pilot.
Coke sees opportunity in Indian dairy segment
- The dairy market in India is estimated to be worth ₹75,000-crore, with milk contributing ₹50,000 crore.
- According to Venkatesh Kini, President, Coca-Cola India and South West Asia, India's dairy segment is largely unorganized but is estimated to produce 120-135 billion litres of milk a year.
- Kini said that the Indian dairy sgment offers a huge opportunity as consumption of milk is high.
Coke's competition in dairy beverage segment in India
- Coca-Cola's dairy segment competitors in India include industry leaders Amul, Nestle, and Britannia.
- Coca-Cola roped in dairy giant Schreiber Dynamix Dairies for its milk drink, whose customers also include Nestle, Britannia and Mother Dairy.
- The industry leader in the milk-based beverage segment, Amul has a wide range products including Amul Kool flavoured milk, Amul Masti Buttermilk, Amul Lassi, etc,.
Coke launches dairy drinks in India
- Coca-Cola entered the value-added dairy drinks segment in India with its flavoured milk product brand Vio.
- Vio, available in in 'Kesar Treat' and 'Almond Delight' variants, is set to make its debut across the country in the first week of February .
- As part of the initial launch plan, from January 26, Vio will be available exclusively across 500 Reliance Retail outlets.
Vio's global presence
Coke's brand Vio already exists globally as a carbonated milk drink available in four flavours including Citrus Burst, Peach Mango, Tropical Colada and Very Berry.
Leveraging India's consumption habits
- India's average per capita milk consumption is high and similar to global averages, distinct from other beverages where Indian consumption is significantly lower than the global average.
- T Krishnakumar, regional director of South Asia, Bottling Investments Group, Coca-Cola's leading bottler considers launching 'Vio' as an attempt to leverage India's strengths.
- With Vio, Coke aims to cover 65% of the country in the initial Phase.