Delhi works in mysterious ways!
26 Dec 2016
- As the city celebrated Christmas, the air quality rang an alarm bell as it was recorded as 'severe' on Friday.
- Weather experts said that this will improve in the next few days.
- Meanwhile, Haryana government has rewarded feeders that have reduced transmission losses, by 24-hour power supply.
- And to know what will make a comeback at Rajpath this Republic Day, tap in.
Fate of Kingdom of Dreams to be decided by committee
- Haryana government has appointed a three member committee to recommend measures to revive Kingdom of Dreams, a major cultural attraction in Gurugram.
- The committee will go through the financial details and the operational cost of the group to see if there can be a turnaround for this cultural project.
- The group has not paid lease worth ₹42 crore to the state government.
149 people died on Yamuna Expressway in 2015
26 Dec 2016
- An RTI reply has revealed that only one out of every 769 vehicles has been booked for overspeeding on Yamuna Expressway in 2015.
- Data is shocking considering 149 people died on the expressway in 919 accidents in 2015.
- Of the 62,71,147 vehicles that passed through the expressway only 8,156 were found to be overspeeding.
- This points to callousness regarding road safety in our society.
Yogi Adityanath takes on SP in Ghaziabad rally
- Dismissing the development agenda of ruling Samjawadi Party, BJP MP Yogi Adityanath hinted at party's corruption in a rally in Ghaziabad on Sunday.
- Adityanath said that roads have been constructed at much higher cost in UP while other agencies have done it at half the price.
- Adityanath also accused SP of promoting central government's schemes in its own name to mislead the public.
Delhiites to witness a Delhi tableau at Rajpath this year
26 Dec 2016
- Delhi's Tableaux will be back in the Republic Day Parade at the Rajpath this year, after a gap of three years.
- The tableaux will be built around the theme of education and number of projects undertaken by the AAP government in this field in the capital.
- Government has also prepared a special song on which school children will dance at the 68th Republic-Day parade.
DU to have entrance test for B.Com(H)
- Delhi University is considering a proposal to introduce an entrance exam for its BCom(honours) and BA (programme) courses from the upcoming academic session.
- Till now only class 12 scores were considered for admission to these courses.
- DU officials said that some schools were giving higher marks to their students which did not give a fair chance to all deserving students.
Delhi celebrated Christmas amidst 'severe' air quality
- Delhi's air quality as recorded on Christmas was found to be in the 'severe' category of air pollution.
- The monitoring systems recorded above acceptable quantities of PM10 and PM2.5 in the air.
- The dip in the wind speed on Friday is supposed to be the reason behind the spike in air pollution.
- Experts believe that air quality will improve from Monday.
Cut down T&D losses to get 24-hour power supply
- The Haryana government announced that feeders which have reduced the transmission and distribution losses to below 20% will get uninterrupted power supply.
- To incentivize better transmission structure, government announced a reward of 24-hour power supply.
- Till now two feeders received round the clock power supply for controlling their transmission losses.
- Haryana CM also praised DHBVN for turning financial losses to profits this year.