What is making news in Delhi today?
06 Jan 2017
- A video-clip of New Year's Eve celebrations at Mukherjee Nagar was released leading to the arrest of 15-20 youths for rioting.
- In another news, Delhiites have been asked to prepare for a comparatively colder-weekend ahead.
- BSP today announced their list of candidates for the upcoming assembly elections.
- And, tap in to know whey women will now be allowed to carry knives in Delhi Metros.
SpiceJet flight made an emergency landing at Delhi Airport
- According to reports, SpiceJet flight 136 from Bangalore to Delhi made an emergency landing at Delhi airport on Friday morning due to hydraulic failure.
- The airline however, released a statement denying the same.
- It said, "As per procedure, the crew of SG136 had informed ATC of a technical problem. At no stage did the crew request for any emergency or priority landing."
Clip shows men attacking policemen at Mukherjee Nagar
- Video clips of a group of men attacking policemen in Delhi's Mukherjee Nagar emerged on Thursday.
- The men attacked policemen who were trying to stop them from allegedly molesting a woman.
- In the clips released, men are seen blocking the road outside Batra Cinema complex, halting vehicles and catcalling passerbys.
- A case of molestation and rioting has been registered against 15-20 youths.
Weekend in Delhi to get colder, foggier and damp
- According to the Indian Meteorological Department, Delhiites should be prepared for light rains over the weekend.
- The temperature is predicted to come down to 10 degrees Celsius; the maximum temperature is expected to be 22 degrees Celsius.
- On Friday, the minimum temperature recorded in Safdarjung, Palam and Ayanagar was 11 degrees Celsius.
- Flight movements of 4 international and 8 domestic flights were disrupted.
This Prakash Parv, Gurdwaras to go green
- A message of 'Green Seva' has been adopted by gurdwaras on the occasion of Guru Gobind Singh's birth anniversary.
- Posters on 'Green Seva' have been placed at prominent gurdwaras in Delhi; their goal is to reduce wastage by not using polluting materials like styrofoam for langars.
- On Thursday at a gurdwara in South City-1, a langar was served on bio-degradable leafy plates.
Gurugram civilians to get calls for sanitation feedback
- The survey team present in Gurugram as a part of the Swachh Survekshan 2017 program will reach out to the public for their feedback on Friday.
- More than 1,000 residents picked randomly will receive pre-recorded calls from the Union ministry of urban development (MoUD); residents can also give their feedback online at www.swachh-survekshan.in
- MCG carries a weightage of 30% in the survey.
BSP releases candidate list for assembly elections
- On Thursday, the Bahujan Samaj Party (BSP) announced the names of its official candidates for 100 out of the state's 403 assembly segments.
- In Ghaziabad, 4 sitting MLAs will be contesting the elections namely Haji Zakir Ali from Loni, Suresh Bansal from Ghaziabad, Amarpal Sharma from Sahibabad and Wahab Chaudhary from Modi Nagar.
- A new candidate, Sudhan Rawat will contest from Murad Nagar.
Women will be allowed to carry knives in Delhi Metro
- The Central Industry Security Force has now allowed matchboxes and lighters inside the Delhi Metro.
- Along with the same, women can also carry a small knife for self-protection.
- Knives up to 4 inches can be carried by women; however, they can be denied by security officials if they are viewed as a security threat.
SpiceJet flight 136 makes emergency landing at Delhi airport | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis
BSP goes with tried and tested contenders in Ghaziabad, chooses first timer for Noida | noida | Hindustan Times
PC: 'Elephant Bahujan Samaj Party' By Furfur (Elephant1.jpg) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Gurdwara Sri Katalgarh Sahib' By Zenit (Own work) [GFDL (http://www.gnu.org/copyleft/fdl.html) or CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Smog in the skies of Delhi' By wili hybridLokantha at en.wikipedia. Later version(s) were uploaded by Nikkul, Thisglad at en.wikipedia. [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], f
PC: 'SpiceJet aircraft at Varanasi Airport' By Ramón from Llanera, España (Varanasi Airport 001) [CC BY-SA 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'View of Connaught Place at Night' By Budhesh (Own work) [CC BY-SA 3.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0)], via Wikimedia Commons