Shahrukh buys Kolkata Knight Riders
- Shahrukh bought IPL franchise, Kolkata Knight Riders for $75 million in partnership with Juhi Chawla and her husband, Jay Mehta.
- His team bought the most expensive player of the opening season, Shoaib Akhtar for $425,000.
- The team has won the IPL title twice, first in 2012 and then in 2014.
SRK turns realty developer with $2.2 billion property
- Shahrukh Khan had invested in the development of a beachfront property in Ras Al Khaimah, UAE.
- Spread across 3 million square feet and christened as SRK Boulevard, the property consists of multiple residential complexes, world-class hotels, shopping malls and specially designed studios.
- The project was designed by Tony Ashai of Los Angeles-based 'Ashai Design Corporation' and planned by a team of international experts.
Another feather in SRK’s hat
Shahrukh along with his wife, Gauri founded Red Chillies Entertainment which is a motion picture production and distribution company in 2002.
King Khan acquires 26% stake in KidZania
- Bollywood heartthrob Shahrukh Khan had acquired 26% stake in KidZania, an international chain of family education centres, through his company Imagination Edutainment in India.
- The rest of the 74% stake is owned by KidZ Inc of Singapore.
- KidZania is a privately held Mexican company. It allows children to work and earn money.
Shahrukh buys Maratha Mandir
- After DDLJ completed 1009 weeks in Maratha Mandir, theatre owner PK Bechara announced that he will no longer have the movie's screenings as he was incurring huge losses.
- On hearing the news, Shahrukh Khan signed a deal with Bechara and bought Maratha Mandir to ensure the smooth screening of DDLJ.
- He did this to maintain his reign and edge over other Bollywood biggies.
After KKR, Shahrukh now owns Trinidad and Tobago
10 Jun 2015
- Bollywood superstar, Shahrukh has bought Caribbean Premier League (CPL) franchise, Trinidad and Tobago to give a tough competition to the Hollywood franchise owners of CPL.
- The T&T team had made it to the semifinals last year.
- SRK was quoted as saying, "This is in line with our vision to expand globally."
Shah Rukh Khan acquires 26% stake in KidZania | PlanetSRK - ShahRukh Khan discussion forums & community
Shah Rukh Khan's Kolkata IPL team to be called Night Riders or Knight Riders - timesofindia-economictimes