Simpsons makes its debut!
- The Simpsons made its debut on 17 December as a satirical take on American middle-class societal structure and since then has received widespread critical acclaim.
- Brainchild of Matt Groening, The Simpsons were first sketched as minute long buffer cartoons for The Tracy Ullman Show
- But their popularity made Fox launch a 13-episode long season of the prime-time show.
The Simpson family characters at glance!
- The head of the Simpson family, Homer is a lazy, overweight and ignorant Nuclear Safety Inspector.
- Homer's wife, Marge is the moralistic force who maintains the discipline in her otherwise notorious family.
- The mischievous of all, Bart is the eldest child.
- The geeky 8-year old overachiever, Lisa has an IQ level of 159.
- Always sucking on the pacifier, Maggie is the youngest Simpson child.
Simpsons Movie breaks box-office records!
30 Jul 2007
- The Simpsons Movie opened at the Number 1 place grossing over $71.9 million breaking all previous box office records.
- The movie did extremely well as compared to the expectations of movie pundits; it recouped the$65 million budget and became a blockbuster hit just 3 daysafter it hit the screens.
- It made a total of over $528 million worldwide.
Records and more records!
The Simpsons holds the Guinness Book of Records for being the longest running animated series. The show is also the longest running American sitcom and holds the record for the most guest stars in a television series.
Apparently, Homer Simpson discovered Higgs Boson
2 Mar 2015
- According to science writer, Simon Singh, Homer Simpson discovered the mass of Higgs Boson, 14 years before the scientists did.
- In The Wizard of Evergreen Terrace, Homer was seen working on an equation which when solved gives the approximate mass of the Higgs Boson.
- Singh was quoted as saying, "The Simpsons is the most mathematical TV show on prime-time television in history."
Shock for Simpsons fans as Harry Shearer quits
14 May 2015
- Harry Shearer, the voice behind the characters of Mr Burns, Smithers, Principal Skinner and Ned Flanders quit the Simpsons show.
- Shearer left the show over merchandising issues which weren't solved before the actor was made to sign on for the next two seasons.
- After Shearer broke the news over Twitter, fans started tweeting in huge numbers for his support.
Homer to leave Marge Simpson!
12 Jun 2015
- In the first episode of season 27 of The Simpsons, Homer will separate legally from Marge as he falls in love with his pharmacist who's voiced by Lena Dunham.
- The temporary separation is expected to be resolved in just one single episode.
- Apart from this, the audience will also witness Sideshow Bob murdering Bart and the return of the Spider Pig.
Harry Shearer quits The Simpsons: voice of Mr Burns and Ned Flanders announces departure on Twitter - Telegraph
D'oh! Homer Simpson leaves Marge for Lena Dunham (for one episode) | Television & radio | The Guardian