What is Friends?
- 'Friends' is an American sitcom which aired on NBC from 1994 to 2004, revolving around the lives of six friends staying in New York.
- It was directed by Marta Kauffman and David Crane and the cast included Jennifer Aniston, Courteney Cox, Matthew Perry, Matt LeBlanc, David Schwimmer and Lisa Kudrow.
- Friends was also the most followed show among its contemporaries on American TV.
Who became the friends of 'Friends'?
Big Hollywood names starred frequently on the show including Julia Roberts, Ralph Lauren, Brad Pitt, Resse Witherspoon, George Clooney; Paul Rudd and Maggie Wheeler were the most popular cameos.
Hardest goodbye for sitcom lovers
- Besides the overflowing emotions of 50 million 'Friends' viewers growing over the ten seasons, the channel executives were left with the baffling part to rethink a comedy content show to replace it.
- The finale was the most-spoken event of 2004.
- NBC provided a three-hour farewell to the cast, included the hour-long episode followed by a special edition of 'Tonight show with Jay Leno'.
Friends madness breaks global boundaries
The famed fictional cafeteria, Central Perk which was the meeting place for the lead characters, had opened with the same name in Dubai. The cafe boasts of the similar neon sign, the same couches and bare-brick walls.
Repeated false Friends reunion rumours baffles fans
- The tenth anniversary of Friends made its fans a little more desperate to see the cast together.
- Tapping on the sentiments, a hoax poster was made, which stated the much-wanted reunion after 10 years.
- Another rumour was circulated in 2008 about the Friends movie, along with confirmation from the stars.
- All these announcements proved to be nothing but rumours, leaving the fans angry.
'Friends' cast coming together for a special tribute
- All six from the 'Friends' cast are going to reunite, after 12 years, in a two-hour long special tribute episode on NBC.
- This reunion is on the event of famous sitcom director James Burrow's completion of 1000 television episodes, 15 of which were Friends episodes.
- This star-studded reunion will telecast on the popular Saturday Night Live's 40th anniversary night on 21 February.
Who is James Burrow?
James Burrow has directed over 15 popular shows including Two and a Half Men and 15 episodes of Friends, including the first episode, the one with the blackout and the one where Ross and Rachel take a break.
Friends reunion might fall face down
- Even though Friends are to reunite, their changed quotients may fall flat on fan's expectations.
- Matt Le Blanc's father's revelation about his dislike for co-male actors and Cox mentioning David Schwimmer as a 'spoilt sport' blatantly created ripples.
- The final blow came with the absence of the male stars from Aniston's wedding and Cox missing from Aniston's vacation list, reassuring a flop show.
The 'Friends' are not reuniting: David Schwimmer
- David Schwimmer who played the character of Ross on the TV series Friends clarified that there was no 'reunion'.
- He said that they were getting together to honor James Burrow and other actors from his other shows would be there too.
- He also announced that Matthew Perry wouldn't be present.
- The show's co-creator Marta Kauffman also rubbished all rumours about the so-called reunion.