Who is Asin Thottumkal?
Asin Thottumkal became a household name since her Bollywood debut with the award-winning role in the blockbuster Ghajini in 2008. She had also starred in movies like Ready and All is well.
Akshay introduces Asin and Rahul
- Asin met her beau, Indian businessman Rahul Sharma, through Akshay Kumar, who also played a cupid in getting them together.
- Kumar had told Asin: 'I think you two will be good for each other.'
- In an interview with Bombay Times, she said that her relationship with Rahul Sharma was similar to the love story depicted in the movie Ghajini.
Rahul Sharma: Introduction
Rahul Sharma, an Indian businessman, co-founded Micromax Informatics Limited and started serving as its Chief Executive Officer and Executive Director of Product Strategy and Channel Sales from 2007.
Businessman Rahul Sharma proposes to Asin
- Business tycoon Rahul Sharma went down on his knee to propose to Asin for the marriage with a 20-karat solitaire ring.
- The ₹6-crore ring was imported from Belgium and was personally designed by one of their common designer friends.
- The ring had a diamond monogram of the couple 'AR' under the solitaire and also, had a personal message engraved on it.
Bollywood actress Asin announces marriage
- Bollywood actress Asin announced her marriage to boyfriend, cellular tycoon Rahul Sharma on 19 January 2016.
- Mumbai Mirror reported that the wedding would take place in New Delhi and a filmy-style reception party would be organised in Mumbai.
- The report also stated that the industry was impressed by the formal invite for the grand occasion, which would be held after the wedding, 23 January.
Asin's wedding card becomes the talk of tinseltown
- Akshay Kumar, the best man in the wedding, revealed Asin's wedding card on Twitter to increase the anticipation for the grand event.
- The card designed by EDC Designs was chic and classy with minimal bling; it had an elegant cover which enclosed two cards.
- The 'Save the Date' metal embossed card was for selected guests while the party card was for her Bollywood friends.
Actress Asin takes her marriage vows
- Bollywood actress Asin got hitched to businessman Rahul Sharma in Delhi on 19 January.
- The morning saw a white-themed Christian wedding followed by a Hindu ceremony staged on a mandap raised from a water body.
- The culinary experts of the lodging said that an exceptional 10-tier vanilla-seasoned cake was cut for the event.
- The guests witnessed a performance by Delhi-based Elohim Worship band.
Asin wows in Vera Wang and Sabyasachi
Asin looked like a dream in her striking white floor-length strapless Vera Wang wedding gown for the Christian ceremony. The lehenga for the evening Hindu rituals was designed by Indian designer Sabyasachi.