Spiderman is born!
- The fictional character of Spiderman was created in 1962 by writer-editor Stan Lee and writer-artist Steve Ditko.
- The character of Peter Parker behind the mask of Spiderman was shown to be a typical high school student obssessed with rejection, inadequacy and loneliness with whom teenagers could relate to very easily; this contributed to its enormous success.
- The first comic was published in Amazing Fantasy#15.
Spiderman makes his way to TV
- Spiderman made his way to television through ABC's animated series with the same name in 1967 followed by CBS' live action series in 1978.
- Numerous other animated series and films were also made during 1981-2009.
- Spiderman hit the big screen when Sami Raimi directed a trilogy starring Tobey Maguire from 2002-2007.
- Sony in 2011 rebooted the franchise to The Amazing Spiderman starring Andrew Garfield.
Spiderman violates Comic Code
- Nixon administration's Department of Health, Education and Welfare in 1970 requested Stan Lee to publish an anti-drug message in the Spiderman comic.
- A comic story was published in 1971 in The Amazing Spiderman issue #96-98 with a clear anti-drug message, despite the Comics Code Authority's refusal to grant permission.
- But the huge success of the story forced Comics Code to revise their laws.
Spiderman died a FEW times!
Spiderman has died quite a few times in his comics till date but there was nothing which could keep him away and he returned back with full force every time!
Comparisons with Batman
- Batman and Spiderman have often been compared with each other due to the rivalry between DC Comics and Marvel Comics.
- The two superheroes are very different from each other.
- Batman, originally Bruce Wayne is a rich businessman while Peter Parker (Spiderman) is a poor teenager of NYC.
- Spiderman possesses no primary weakness but Batman can get into trouble if his allies turn against him.
Costume Changes for Spiderman over the years!
- Spiderman has incorporated several costume changes since he came into the market.
- Starting with a classic red-blue suit with a dash of black in 1962 to rubber muscle suit with raised webbings and mirrored eyes in 2002 to richer, darker hues of red and blue with bigger whiter eyes in 2014, spiderman has worn them all.
Tom Holland is the new Spiderman!
25 Jun 2015
- 19 year old British actor and dancer, Tom Holland has been signed by Sony Pictures and Marvel Studios to play the role of Spiderman in the next installment of the series.
- Experts have estimated Holland's net worth to touch a whopping £1 million with this role and a cameo in the Captain America movie.
- The actor's acrobatic skills will help him with this role.
Meet new Spider-Man Tom Holland: Arsenal-loving, free-running teenager who lives at home - and is set to become a household name - Mirror Online
PC: 'Spiderman' by Cristian Bortes / bortescristian - . Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Stan Lee (5774464408)' by Gage Skidmore from Peoria, AZ, United States of America - Stan LeeUploaded by maybeMaybeMaybe. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons