Olsen twins need to think before they endorse
- In 2004, the MilkPEP board signed up the Olsen twins for one of their advertisement campaigns that ran under the title "Got Milk?"
- The idea was "help make sure our fans are healthy like us", the twins were reported saying.
- However, shortly after the twins' "Got Milk" ad Mary-Kate checked into a treatment program for a "health-related issue," later found to be eating disorder.
Bob Dylan croons for Victoria's Secret
12 Apr 2004
- In 2004, Bob Dylan was featured in a commercial with Adriana Lima for Victoria's Secret.
- The brand had been using Dylan's "Love sick" song in its commercials for a year, when it decided to rope in Bob Dylan personally to sell its sultry lingerie.
- Notably, this was the first and only time Bob Dylan had appeared on screen in a commercial.
Kim Kardashian lends her name to toilet paper
24 Nov 2010
- Kim Kardashian added another brand to her sprawling kitty of clothing stores, workout videos, credit card for kids, perfume, self-tanner, weight-loss supplements, skincare, Carl's Jr, sneakers and jewelry.
- After partnering with Sketchers Shape-Ups shoes, Kim Kardashian signed an endorsement with the toilet paper brand - Charmin.
- The brand did not disclose the figures at which the reality star had been roped in.
Sketchers lands in 'shape up' trouble
Kim Kardashian endorsed shape-up Sketchers shoes and the sales were phenomenal as every woman wanted Kim's physique. However, the company had to refund $40 million for false advertisement claims.
Justin Bieber casts his magic on nail-polish brand
12 Feb 2011
- After record-breaking pop numbers and billions of fans, Justin Bieber went on to add "nail polish magnate" title to the list of feats achieved.
- Bieber, who started a range of nail polishes with Nicole by OPI, sold one million bottles.
- The money that Bieber raises would go to Pencils of Promise, his nonprofit charity that aims to build schools around the world.
Meet Kerala's Ayurvada ambassador - Steffi Graf
28 Jun 2015
- Steffi Graf, the tennis legend has been named as the Ayurveda brand ambassador of Kerala.
- Chief Minister Oommen Chandy's cabinet took this decision on the proposal from the State Tourism Department.
- After a series of discussions, the tourism department has already reached an informal agreement with Graf. This move comes as part of the tourism department's new 'Visit Kerala Scheme' to promote Ayurveda abroad.
PC: 'Ashley Mary-Kate Olsen 2011 Shankbone 3' by David Shankbone - Own work. Licensed under CC BY 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Bob Dylan - Azkena Rock Festival 2010 2' by Alberto Cabello from Vitoria Gasteiz - Bob Dylan. Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Justin Bieber at Easter Egg roll' by Daniel Ogren - originally posted to Flickr as 100405_EasterEggRoll_217. Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons