Dr. Naresh Trehan: Savior of ailing hearts
- Dr. Naresh Trehan is a world renowned cardiovascular and cardiothoracic surgeon from India.
- He has been serving as the Indian President's Personal Surgeon since 1991.
- Apart from being honoured with many awards in the medicine field, Dr. Trehan has also been the recipient of Padma Shri, Padma Bhushan and Lal Bahadur Shastri National Award.
- He is currently the CEO and MD of Medanta-the Medicity.
Dr. Sunil Pradhan: India's magical neurologist
- Sunil Pradhan is a famous neurologist and medical researcher who has two major inventions to his credit.
- He invented two electrophysiological techniques and contributed in describing five medical signs, one of which is now known as the Pradhan Sign.
- His other researches are related to facioscapulohumeral muscular dystrophy (FSHD) and similar neuro diseases.
- He has been bestowed with Padma Shri and numerous other awards.
Dr. Neelam Kler: Protector of premature babies
- Dr. Neelam Kler has proved her mettle in neonatology, a subspecialty of paediatrics with her innovative and pioneering work in the field of neonatal intensive care and ventilation.
- She had developed neonatal care to improve the survival rate of extremely tiny preterm babies (less than 1000 grams) to 90%.
- For this, she was awarded the Padma Bhushan in 2014.
Dr. Ashok Rajgopal: The synonym of innovation
- Dr. Ashok Rajgopal is India's wonder man in the field of orthopaedic surgery having performed almost 10,000 arthroscopic and over 3,200 Total Knee Arthroplasty surgeries successfully.
- He became the first Orthopaedic Surgeon in India to perform a virtual total knee replacement surgery and contributed to the development of the latest knee implant - Persona Knee System.
- He was honored with Padma Shri in 2014.
The vision of India: Dr. Sundaram Natarajan
- Hailing from a family of ophthalmologists, Dr. Sundaram Natarajan is a leading specialist in medical and surgical eye problems and CMD of Mumbai's leading eye hospital Aditya Jyot Eye Hospital.
- He has been associated with Twinkling Little Eye Foundation and has been conducting numerous eye camps and eye donation camps..
- For his accomplishments in the field of medicine, he was conferred with Padma Shri.
World's youngest doctor!
The youngest doctor of the world is Balamurali Ambati, an Indian- American opthalmologist who became a doctor at the age of 17. He also wrote a book on AIDS at the age of 11.
Happy Doctor's Day!
1 Jul 2015
- National Doctor's Day is observed in India in the memory of Dr. Bidhan Chandra Roy and his dedicated services every year on July 1 (which is both his birth and death anniversary).
- This day was established by the Indian government in 1991.
- The annual celebrations aim to generate awareness about the roles, importance and the precious care of doctors among the public.
PC: 'Dr Natarajan with Maestro AR Rahman' by Rajan.mba - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Naresh Trehan at the World Economic Forum on India 2012' by World Economic Forum from Cologny, Switzerland - Health Collaboration as a Bridge. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons