Mr & Mrs. Smith: The beginning of Brangelina
- Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt met each other on the sets of the film Mr & Mrs Smith, which was released in 2005.
- At that time Pitt was married to F.R.I.E.N.D.S. star Jennifer Aniston.
- Pitt and Aniston divorced in 2005 and while media blamed it on Jolie, they denied it.
- After his divorce, Pitt and Jolie were seen holidaying in Kenya with Jolie's son.
Brangelina and the countdown till their marriage
Kids and Marriage
- In 2006, Angelina had a baby with Brad-Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt.
- In April 2012, the couple announced that they were engaged. By now Brangelina had 6 kids.
- Jolie and Pitt were married in Château Miraval in the south of France in August 2014.
- The wedding was a small ceremony attended only by family and close friends, including the couple's six children- the ring bearers.
Angelina Jolie files for a divorce
21 Sep 2016
- Giving speculation rest, Angelina Jolie confirmed that she had filed for divorce from husband Brad Pitt.
- Jolie cited irreconcilable differences as the reason behind the divorce.
- The pair separated on 15 September according to the court documents after two years of being married in August 2014.
- A custody battle for their 6 children is expected to ensue, however, both sides want an amicable breakup.
Pitt gives his statement, asks media for space
"I am very saddened by this, but what matters most now is the well-being of our kids," he said. "I kindly ask the press to give them the space they deserve during this challenging time."
Mixed reaction to the Brangelina divorce
- Sources close to the couple said the divorce was a "complete shock" since the couple had recently celebrated their second wedding anniversary in August.
- Both Pitt and Jolie's fans expressed grief over this sudden announcement over Twitter and hoped that the couple would reconcile their differences.
- Jennifer Aniston's fans trolled the news and said that she had finally been 'avenged'.
Reasons behind the Jolie-Pitt divorce
- The most likely cause of the Pitt-Jolie breakup seems to be Pitt's involvement with "Allied" co-star, French actress Marion Cotillard.
- Another report said that Angelina and Brad divorced because the too had parenting differences.
- Yet another report seems to suggest that Brad's drinking and drug abuse is what drove Jolie away taking this step for the 'health of her family.'
Investigation into Brad Pitt's 'abusive behaviour' closed
10 Nov 2016
- Sources said that the investigations into allegations that Pitt hit his son Maddox on his private jet have been closed; the allegations were first brought up by social workers.
- The LA Department of Children and Family Services declined to comment on the matter and did not confirm the development.
- Jolie allegedly filed for divorce immediately after the incident.
Pitt slams Jolie for compromising children's privacy
24 Dec 2016
- Brad Pitt accused Angelina Jolie of compromising their children's privacy and not acting in their "best interest."
- Pitt's lawyers have stated that Jolie has "no self-regulating mechanism" to prevent information about the couple's children and their divorce reaching the public through media.
- On 21st December, Pitt's legal team filed a memorandum seeking information about the divorce and the children to be sealed from public.
Ouch! Brad Pitt SLAMS Angelina Jolie for compromising their children's privacy | Latest News & Updates at Daily News & Analysis
PC:'Jolie with her husband Brad Pitt, at the Academy Awards in February 2009, where both were nominated for a leading performance' By Chrisa Hickey, CC BY 3.0,
PC: 'Brad Pitt June 2014' By Foreign and Commonwealth Office [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons