Eid release: a sure shot formula for hits
- In 2007, Bhool Bhulaiya started the trend of Eid hits.
- Salman's Eid success began with Wanted (2009) which went on to become the second highest grossing movie of the year.
- The success was followed by Dabangg (2010), Bodyguard (2011), Ek Tha Tiger (2012), and Kick (2014) which were all Eid releases.
- In 2013, Shahrukh starrer Chennai Express became the highest grossing movie on Eid.
Pakistan gushing at Bhaijaan's Eid present
- Bajrangi Bhaijaan has struck all the right chords with critics and media. Even Pakistan has gone all out to praise the movie which does not paint India's arch-rival in villainous colors.
- Fakhr-e-Alam, Chairman of the Sindh Censor Board, tweeted about the movie calling it the "most positive film for Pakistan that Bollywood has produced in a long time".
- Salman thanked him back on Twitter.
Reel life character inspired by a Pakistani reporter
Not many know this but the character played by Nawazuddin Siddiqui is based on his namesake Pakistani reporter Chand Nawab whose video went viral on YouTube in 2009.
The Baahubali of the Bollywood circuit
- Baahubali's Rs 50 crore run in the dubbed-in-Hindi version might be a record for a dubbed film. However, it is nowhere close to Bajrangi Bhaijaan's weekend collections.
- Bahubali's multiple versions have made Rs 100 crore in 2 days, taking its total earnings to a staggering Rs 300 crore after eight days-a towering competition for Bajrangi.
- Rs 740 cr earner PK remains the box-office ruler.
The Jodi connection in Bajrangi
Bajrangi Bhaijaan interestingly brings back the camaraderie of Salman Khan-Kabir Khan (after Ek Tha Tiger), Salman Khan-Nawazuddin Siddiqui (post Kick) and Salman Khan-Kareena Kapoor (after Bodyguard).
Salman starrer but with a difference
- The power packed Bajrangi Bhaijaan has been garnering accolades for being unlike any Salman movie.
- Director Kabir Khan empowers the child actor as the protagonist, Siddiqui as Salman's hilarious aide, both shouldering the movie as well as Salman Khan.
- The movie does not have the action which fans have come to associate with Salman which makes it more realistic than its predecessors.
Bajrangi Bhaijaan sprints into the '100 crore' club
- Salman's latest release made quite an impact at the box-office and has sent the cash registers ringing.
- The film has entered the glittering 100 crore bracket in just 3 days flat.
- The film had collected Rs 27.25 crore on its opening day and went on to add another Rs 36.50 crore on the second day.
- In US, Britain and Pakistan, a similar success ensued.
The fast and the glorious!
Bajrangi Bhaijaan is by far the highest single day collections for any Salman Khan film. Also, the superhit is the fastest Salman starrer to climb the 100 crore ladder.