Glittering MTV VMA 2015 ceremony at L.A.
30 Aug 2015
- The MTV Video Music Awards (VMA) 2015 were held on 30 August 2015.
- The 32nd installment of the VMA was held at the Microsoft Theatre in L.A, California.
- The show saw performances by Nicki Minaj, Taylor Swift, Pharell Williams, The Weekend and Justin Beiber to name a few.
- Taylor Swift won most awards - 4, including for Video of the Year.
Justin Bieber's emotional comeback
31 Aug 2015
- Justin Bieber gave a stellar performance with a spectacular routine and rendition of Where Are You Now and his new single, What Do You Mean.
- The 21-year-old was seen getting emotional after his performance, silencing his critics and proving how important the performance was for him.
- The performance marked Bieber's come back at the VMA after 5 years.
Minaj buried one hatchet, fueled a new one
31 Aug 2015
- The award ceremony was opened by Nicki Minaj, who was then accompanied by Taylor Swift putting the Twitter feud between the two pop stars to rest.
- Minaj won the Best Hip-Hop Video Award for her song "Anaconda".
- In her acceptance speech, she went after Cyrus, who apparently made remarks on Minaj's issues with the VMAs and race.
To the Master of Ceremonies: Miley Cyrus
31 Aug 2015
- Miley Cyrus- the host, did not disappoint the shutterbugs and was true to herself till the very last when she released her album, "Miley Cyrus & Her Dead Petz," for free online.
- She did skits featuring Snoop Dogg, and on how she behaves on Instagram thanks to her "Instagram Think Tank".
- The ceremony saw her dressed in bizarre costumes that are her signature.
Kanye plans to run for 2020 USA President
2 Sep 2015
- Kanye West accepted the Michael Jackson Video Vanguard Award (equivalent of Lifetime Achievement Award) at the 2015 MTV Video Music Awards.
- He concluded his acceptance speech by declaring that he would be running for President in 2020.
- West also talked about "being changed by fatherhood, defending artistry, the hypocrisy of media, the ridiculousness of award shows".
- He was presented the award by Taylor Swift.
Kanye-Taylor VMA moment that made headlines
Taylor Swift and Kanye West infamously shared MTV VMA stage space in 2009 when Kanye West ruined Taylor Swift's speech moment, which angered the entire world.
PC: '2014 MTV Video Music Awards' by MTVViacom - http://www.mtv.com/ontv/vma/. Licensed under Public Domain via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Justin Bieber at Easter Egg roll' by Daniel Ogren - originally posted to Flickr as 100405_EasterEggRoll_217. Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Kanye West at the 2009 Tribeca Film Festival' by David Shankbone - David Shankbone. Licensed under CC BY 3.0 via Commons
PC: 'Miley Cyrus on 2015 Rock and Roll Hall of Fame Induction Ceremony (cropped)' by onetwothreefourfive - Flickr. Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Commons
PC: 'Nicki Minaj 2012' by Eva RinaldiUploaded by MyCanon - Nicki Minaj. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons