Know the actor
The hero of MSG-2 is Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh Insan, who is a self-styled Godman, a preacher, social reformer and the spiritual leader of socio-spiritual organisation Dera Sacha Sauda in Punjab since 23 September 1990
MSG-2 premier gets 50,000 audience and traffic warning
- MSG-2 The Messenger's premier which was to take place at Leisure Valley Park in Gurgaon got a 50,000 strong attendance.
- This large-scale attendance forced the Gurgaon Police to issue a traffic advisory on Facebook requesting people to use public transport so as to prevent congestion on roads.
- The police also made parking arrangements and asked people to opt for different routes.
Police trying to avoid MSG traffic-horror from repeating!
Gurgaon Police had to face all-around chaos triggered by the influx of thousands of Gurmeet Ram Rahim's fans on the premier of the first movie- MSG- Messenger of God, which threw the traffic out of gear.
MSG-2: The Messenger released
- MSG-2 - The Messenger is Sacha Sauda supremo's latest gift to India.
- It is the sequel to MSG- Messenger of God, released in 2014.
- Like its prequel, this movie too has been directed by the Godman turned actor and singer.
- As a treat to its fans, Sant Gurmeet Ram Raheem has composed and sung all 6 of the movie's songs like "Party dhoom dhoom".
Did MSG earn ₹100 crores?
MSG-2's prequel had crossed the ₹100 crore box office mark as proclaimed by the Indian Express. However, many believed that the numbers had been fudged.
The 'unofficial' ban on MSG-2
- MSG-2: The Messenger was not banned in Punjab like its debut movie; however, the Dera followers couldn't see the movie as it was released only at a handful screens.
- The movie was not screened at any halls in Bathinda, which is the heart of Dera activities in Punjab.
- The theatres did not want to invite the wrath of Sikh outfits who wanted it banned.
HC rejects plea to ban MSG-2 in Delhi
- A plea had been submitted in the Delhi HC asking for a ban on screening of MSG-2.
- The reason behing this demand is that its trailer shows the scheduled tribes in 'anti-national' light by calling them 'adivasis'.
- The plea was rejected by the court saying that "the film's trailer depicts a fantasy to the viewers and has to be understood in that light only."
Jharkhand bans MSG-2
- Jharkhand banned Baba Gurmeet Ram Rahim Singh directed 'MSG-2 The Messenger' on 19 September 2015.
- Chief Minister Raghubar Das issued the order for the ban which was released in the state, stating that the movie had some 'objectionable' dialogues that had hurt the sentiments of the tribal communities.
- Before the ban, the film had limited release in Ranchi.
47 trains in Malwa cancelled over MSG-2 protests
- Dera Sacha Sauda supporters brought rail traffic to a standstill as their protest against MSG-2 not being screened in Punjab entered the second day.
- 47 trains from the Malwa region in Punjab were cancelled due to these protests.
- The train services following the Bathinda-Delhi, Bathinda-Ambala and Ferozepur-Ludhiana routes were the ones hit.
- The entire Malwa region was put on high alert following the protests.