Candy Crush: The new favourite game
- Candy Crush Saga is a "match-three puzzle" video game launched by King on 12 April 2012 for Facebook.
- It was launched for "iOS, Android, Fire OS, Windows Phone, Windows 10, and Tizen" on 14 November 2012.
- 5 lives are given in the beginning which are lost by failed attempts.
- People can request their friends on Facebook for lives and for unlocking levels.
King is Facebook's largest game developing company
King Digital Entertainment is the developer responsible for Candy Crush and is a social games company, the largest game developer for Facebook. So far, it has developed 12 games for Facebook.
Candy Crush's unprecedented commercial success
- In December 2012, Candy Crush Saga had 10 million downloads.
- In July 2013, it was calculated that Candy Crush Saga had ~6.7 million active users and collected $633,000 every day on the US iOS.
- In November 2013, Candy Crush had been downloaded 500 million times across iOS, Facebook and Android devices.
- Business Insider announced that Candy Crush Saga was 2013's most downloaded iOS app.
93 million people spending $1.3million on Crushing Candy
- Research proved that 93 million people used the Candy Crush app every single day.
- It was also found that a mountainous £856 million ($1.3 billion) was spent on Candy Crush in-app purchases each year.
- This included the money squandered on "extra lives, extra moves, and boosters" to crush candy which differed in price from $1.20 to $6.04.
- Every second, King earned $72.93 from Candy-Crush.
Popularity in Hong-Kong
It was revealed in a survey in 2013 that every 7th person in Hong Kong played Candy Crush.
Say hello to Candy Crush Soda
- King Digital Entertainment plc launched Candy Crush Saga's sequel Candy Crush Soda Saga.
- The game was launched worldwide on Android and iOS platforms.
- New characters like Kimmy, Tiffi and Mr. Toffee were to be a part as they contest through 135 new levels available in the Candy Crush Soda Saga.
- This version came with 5 game modes: Soda, Soda bears, Frosting, Honey and Chocolate.
Candy Crush to charter into the book world
- "Candy Crush Saga" decided to attach books to its growing franchise.
- The first book called 'The Official Candy Crush Saga Top Tips Guide' would be launched on 3 November.
- It would offer a glimpse at the Candy Kingdom and Dreamworld, with pointers for vanquishing the game's mechanics and its most difficult levels.
- The second book would be 'The Candy Crush Colouring Book.'
The terror case of Candy Crush requests
- Facebook founder Mark Zuckerberg did not have a good answer to "How can we stop getting invitations on Candy Crush?"
- This was the most voted question during the Townhall held at IIT Delhi.
- To this Zuckerberg said that his team of developers had been prioritising on other things but if this was what people wanted, his team would work towards ending Candy Crush requests.