'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' music video launched
- Singer-producer Ravindra Singh launched a music video named "Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat", which he dedicated to Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his perception for India's bright future.
- Singh said that through "Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat" he had expressed his appreciation and reverence for India.
- He further said that he had been inspired by BJP's Delhi unit president Satish Upadhyay.
Video dedicated to Modi becomes immensely popular
The 'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' music video got widespread response and garnered one million hits on YouTube.
Modi launches 'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' scheme
- On 31 October 2015, PM Modi announced that the 'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' scheme on the birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel.
- The scheme was aimed towards bridging the cultural chasm in the country and improve cooperation "between people living in different states."
- The government established a committee to develop the modalities of the initiative in deliberation with the states.
Scheme inspired from Patel's initiatives
Presented on the 140th birth anniversary of Sardar Vallabhbhai Patel, the scheme drew inspiration from Patel's initiatives as mayor of Ahmedabad during the 1920s which included a cleanliness campaign and a proposal for 50% reservation for women.
What the scheme aims to do?
- The 'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' initiative aims to promote the language and culture of every state.
- According to the scheme, two states will engage in an unusual partnership for one year which would be characterized by social, cultural and student exchanges.
- Students of one particular state would travel to another state to study each other's culture, language and extend cooperation.
Government launches 'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' contest
- MyGov launched the 'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' contest to promote India's culture.
- The entries will be judged on the principle of implementability "of the proposals, originality and innovation in ideas, the breadth and width of the cultural connect envisioned and use of modern communication tools envisaged."
- The winners will get cash price starting from ₹1,00,000 and a certificate by PM Narendra Modi.
'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' initiative to become a programme
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi invited ideas to transform 'Ek Bharat, Shreshtha Bharat' into a flourishing programme on his "Mann ki Baat", saying the exercise was directed at "strengthening unity and harmony in the country."
- The PM's weight on a programme that envisions firm steps to heighten peace and harmony seem designed to take forth his public remarks about variety and tolerance being India's strength.