Ministers asked to send files directly to Kejriwal
2 May 2015
- Kejriwal issued orders to all departments under the Delhi government to "not bother the office of the Lieutenant Governor", in order to improve government efficiency.
- LG Najeeb Jung had objected to this order.
- Replying to Lt-Governor's letter refusal, Kejriwal's order refers to the Article 74, 163 and 167 of the Constitution which direct the CM to aid and advise the Governor.
Control over Delhi Police behind Kejriwal-LG row
6 May 2015
- According to the AAP government, LG is bound by the constitution to consult the state government on certain issues such as the appointment of Delhi's Police Chief.
- A head constable of the Delhi Police was arrested by Delhi Government's Anti-Corruption Branch for extorting money from a scrap dealer.
- This led to a standoff between the government and the Delhi Police.
Shakuntala Gamlin takes charge as acting Chief Secretary
16 May 2015
- On Friday, Lt Governor appointed Shakuntala Gamlin, a 1984-batch IAS officer, as Delhi's Chief Secretary.
- Gamlin took charge as acting Chief Secretary of Delhi Government despite being asked by the CM not to.
- Current Chief Secretary KK Sharma is in the US on a personal visit, leading to the government appointing an acting Chief Secretary.
Kejriwal asks Jung to work within the Constitution
16 May 2015
- Kejriwal urged the LG to review his "questionable" decision to appoint Shakuntala Gamlin as acting Chief Secretary.
- LG had issued a direct order to the Principal secretary to appoint Gamlin, a decision that the AAP Government termed 'unconstitutional'.
- Kejriwal is of the view that the LG should have rather written to a Minister in the Delhi Government.
Congress, Left back Kejriwal, slam LG
18 May 2015
- AAP government ordered the removal of Anindo Majumdar, the Principal Secretary (Services).
- Majumdar was reinstated by the LG who declared the order void.
- Congress and Left said appointment of any officer should not be done without consultation with the state government.
- CPI(M) chief Sitaram Yechury criticized the Centre for encroaching upon the rights of states.
Giving it an ethnic turn
Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju, who belongs to Arunachal Pradesh, accused the AAP government of indulging in character assassination of a lady IAS officer from the Northeast.
Kejriwal asked to wait for meeting with President
18 May 2015
- Arvind Kejriwal may not get a chance to meet the President before Wednesday to discuss his clash with Lieutenant Governor Najeeb Jung over the appointment of a top bureaucrat.
- The President is in Uttarakhand till Tuesday.
- Kejriwal said that Gamlin had been appointed as Chief Secretary because the Centre "wanted to make Delhi's government fail".
Delhi Chief Secy row: Kejriwal govt doing character assassination of Gamlin, says Kiren Rijiju | The Indian Express
Defying Delhi government's order, Shakuntala Gamlin takes charge as acting Chief Secretary - IBNLive
Delhi CM Kejriwal wrote an angry letter telling LG Jung to work ‘within Constitution’ | The Indian Express