Bhushan accuses Kejriwal of being unethical
24 Jan 2015
- Prashant Bhushan, a member of AAP's National Executive, said that Kejriwal was electing election candidates on the basis of muscle and money power.
- Prashant's father, Shanti Bhushan claimed that Kejriwal has changed his ideals to grab power.
- He suggested that Kejriwal should step down from the post of party chief after the Delhi polls.
Yadav, Bhushan removed from party’s PAC
4 Mar 2015
- The duo of Prashant Bhshan and Yogendra Yadav was expelled from the AAP's Political Affairs Committee (PAC).
- While 11 members of the PAC voted in favour of their expulsion, 8 voted against it.
- The party's National Executive also rejected Kejriwal's resignation from the post of party convenor, after he had offered to resign in the wake of this controversy.
Bhushan removed from party’s disciplinary panel
29 Mar 2015
- Prashant Bhushan and AAP's internal Lokpal, Admiral (retd) L Ramdas were both removed from party's disciplinary panel.
- Former IPS officers N. Dilip Kumar and Rakesh Sinha, and educationist S.P. Verma made up the new Lokpal panel announced by the party.
- While many criticized AAP for the move, the party claimed that Admiral Ramdas' tenure had ended and he was thus replaced.
Yadav, Bhushan, 2 others expelled from AAP
21 Apr 2015
- Aam Aadmi Party's rebel leaders Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav, Amit Jha and Anand Kumar were ousted from the party following their anti-party activities.
- The decision was taken by the party's disciplinary committee.
- The party had earlier issued a show-cause notice to all the four leaders, to which, only Kumar, Bhushan and Yadav had responded.
About the Lokpal bill
It was Prashant Bhushan’s father, Shanti Bhushan who first introduced the Lokpal bill in 1968. This Lokpal bill became the driving reason behind AAP’s formation in 2012
Yadav, Bhushan launch Swaraj Abhiyaan
26 Apr 2015
- Prashant Bhushan and Yogendra Yadav who were expelled from AAP, along with their supporters, launched the 'Swaraj Abhiyaan' in Thane.
- It was also attended by Maruti Bhapkar, a former member of AAP's state executive committee in Maharashtra.
- The team was looking to travel across the country with their Swaraj Abhiyan and interact with like-minded people to come up with a viable political alternative.
Prashant Bhushan, Yogendra Yadav to launch new party
21 May 2015
- The AAP rebel duo of Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan were to launch their indigenous political outfit along with their Swaraj Abhiyaan.
- The formal announcement was expected in a day or two.
- The new party may contest in 2017 Delhi MCD polls.
- They would also take a call on upcoming elections in Uttarakhand, Punjab and Bihar.
'Hypocrite' Kejriwal now wants us back: Prashant Bhushan
18 Jul 2015
- After Arvind Kejriwal said that he'll be happy if AAP's former members Prashant Bhushan and Yogendra Yadav made a comeback to the party, Bhushan lashed out at the Delhi CM.
- Bhushan said in a tweet that Kejriwal is a hypocrite and shameless fellow who wants them back after abusing them and orchestrating a physical attack against them at an important party meeting in March.
Yadav, Bhushan to launch new party in Oct
01 Aug 2016
- Swaraj Abhiyan leaders Yogendra Yadav and Prashant Bhushan hav announced that they are setting up a new political party by 2nd October.
- They stated that their intention was to provide an "alternative political vehicle" which would lack the "supremo" culture that plagues the AAP.
- At their national convention, 405 out of 433 delegates of Swaraj Abhiyan voted in favour of launching a political party.
AAP on a sacking spree: Party REMOVES Ramdas as Lokpal and ousts Bhushan from disciplinary panel | Daily Mail Online
NewsX | Yogendra Yadav, Prashant Bhushan to launch political party, parallel with Swaraj Abhiyan soon