Gionee looking to gain share in India
22 Nov 2013
- Gionee, the Chinese smartphone maker, is looking to take on higher-end brands such as Samsung and Apple to gain share in India, the world's fastest growing smartphone market.
- On the price front, Gionee will have to face competition from home-grown brands like Micromax, Lava and Maxx Mobile.
- Its entry into India comes as it looks for new engines for growth and expansion.
India - a new haven for Chinese smartphones
12 Jun 2014
- Close to a dozen Chinese smartphone makers, such as OPPO, ZTE, Gionee, Lenovo, Huawei, ZTE and Konka, accounted for over 10% of the Indian handset market in the last couple of years.
- The smartphones offered by these companies are in the price range of Rs 3,000 to Rs 40,000.
- Other companies including Xiaomi are also gearing up to enter India.
Vivo mobile set to enter India
7 Dec 2014
- Chinese smartphone maker Vivo is set to enter India with the launch of the much-awaited Vivo X5Max on December 15th.
- According to a report, its market share rose from 2% to 6% in China, surpassing Apple and becoming the sixth largest phone seller in China.
- Vivo plans to launch five models in India ranging from Rs 7,000 to Rs 40,000.
Xiaomi to invest in Indian tech startups
9 Jan 2015
- Xiaomi managed to raise $1.1 Bn in its recent funding and is looking to invest in Indian tech startups related to content aggregation, mobile technology and connected devices.
- Earlier, Xiaomi invested in Chinese startups in areas like smart light bulbs and fitness bands.
- Xiaomi aims to assemble enough products and services through its investments to create a pull for the customers.
Coolpad to enter Indian budget phone market
7 May 2015
- Taking a cue from Xiaomi, Lenovo and Huawei, another Chinese smartphone-maker, Coolpad is all set to enter the Indian affordable smartphone market.
- Coolpad currently boasts of more than 6,000 patents in mobile technology.
- Coolpad Group Limited has appointed Varun Sharma as Chief Executive Officer of its smartphone brand, Dazen
Meizu set to enter Indian mobile market today
18 May 2015
- According to Meizu's Facebook page, the Chinese mobile maker will most likely launch its products in India on 18 May.
- Earlier this year, Meizu managed to get $590 million investment from Alibaba.
- Company's M1 Note FHD smartphone will be its first launch in India.
- The device comes with a 5.5-inch 1920x1080 pixel display covered by Corning Gorilla Glass 3 protection.
Did you know?
Even after inroads by several Chinese smartphone companies, Samsung leads the India smartphone market, followed by Micromax.
Xiaomi Finds Another Way To Capture Indian Market, Plans To Invest In Tech Startups - Inc42 Magazine
Chinese smartphone maker Vivo Mobile set to enter India, to launch X5Max on Dec 15 | Latest Tech News, Video & Photo Reviews at BGR India