Nadal suffers a shocker in Doha by Michael Berrer
6 Jan 2015
- World number three Rafael Nadal suffered from a shocking defeat in the first round of Qatar Open by Michael Berrer who crushed him 1-6, 6-3, 6-4.
- Defending champion Nadal had been struggling with a wrist injury and appendicitis and had played only 7 matches after Wimbledon 2014.
- Nadal fought hard till the end but he had to eventually succumb to Berrer's amazing serves.
Nadal crashes out of Australian Open 2015
27 Jan 2015
- Rafael Nadal was thrashed out of the quarter-finals of the Australian Open at the hands of Tomas Berdych, who finally defeated Nadal after 18 attempts.
- Berdych slashed Nadal 6-2, 6-0, 7-6 to enter the semi-finals.
- Nadal said, "It was just not my day. I didn't play with the right intensity, the right rhythm. It was a day when the opponent played better than me."
Nadal thrown out of Miami Open by Fernando Verdasco
30 Mar 2015
- Rafael Nadal suffered from yet another quick blow when he failed to make it to the quarter-finals of the Miami Open.
- He was slashed 6-4, 2-6, 6-3 by his fellow countryman Fernando Verdasco.
- Nadal was seen fighting hard after his loss in the first set but he eventually lost his momentum in the third set and Verdasco seized the opportunity to secure a win.
Djokovic crushes King of Clay at French Open
3 Jun 2015
- Novak Djokovic crushed Rafael Nadal at Roland Garros this year, in straight sets 7-5 6-3 6-1 in the quarter-finals.
- This was Nadal's second defeat at the French Open after his shocking loss to Robin Soderling in 2009.
- Nadal however, didn't lose hope and said that he'll come back again next year with more practice and a little more confidence.
Nadal's worst defeat of all in French Open 2009
- King of Clay, Nadal's 31-match winning streak in French Open was broken by Robin Soderling in 2009.
- He beat Nadal 6-2, 6-7, 6-4, 7-6 in the biggest upset of tennis history.
- Soderling, who was beaten 6-1, 6-0 by Nadal in Rome a month ago, said, "This is the best win of my career against a man who is the greatest clay-court player in history."
Dustin Brown slams Rafael Nadal out of Wimbledon
3 Jul 2015
- Two-time Wimbledon Champion, Rafael Nadal's journey in Wimbledon 2015 was ended early by unseeded Dustin Brown, who defeated him 7-5, 3-6, 6-4, 6-4.
- 29-year old Nadal looked a little lost during the match and he double faulted twice in the third set.
- But he accepted his defeat gracefully by saying, "I am a good loser. When I am not that good, I always accept."
Nadal asked to sack his uncle
After his loss, Rafael Nadal has been urged by John McEnroe to sack his coach - his uncle Toni, if he wants to regain his glory on the court. McEnroe, in clear words said, "I'm saying get a new damn coach!"
Australian Open 2015: Off-colour Rafael Nadal suffers shock first loss to Tomas Berdych in 18 attempts to crash out of quarter-finals - Tennis - Sport - The Independent
PC: 'Fernando Verdasco at the 2011 Australian Open1' by n.hewson - originally posted to Flickr as . Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Michael Berrer - Masters de Madrid 2015 - 03' by Carlos Delgado - Own work. Licensed under CC BY-SA 4.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Novak Đoković - Roland-Garros 2013 - 028' by Yann Caradec - Flickr: Novak Djokovic. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Rafael Nadal 2011 Roland Garros 2011' by original: http://www.fft.fr/rolandgarros/?ID=7426 /. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Robin Soderling at 2009 US Open' by Emmett Hume - Own work. Licensed under CC BY 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons