Warren Buffett to give away his fortune to charity
25 Jun 2006
- Warren Buffett decided to give away his fortune worth $44 billion to five major charities of the world.
- 85% of his wealth was to be donated within a month with a large part going to the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation.
- The 'Oracle of Omaha' billionaire promised to give away 99% of wealth, a pledge that was unmatched in the world of the super-elite.
Bill Gates to donate entire £30 billion fortune
20 Jun 2008
- Bill Gates pledged to donate his entire £30 billion ($58 million) fortune to charity.
- He promised to transfer his money to his charity, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation, which funds health and education projects.
- In 2010, he along with business tycoon Warren Buffet started an initiative, "The Giving Pledge" to get billionaires to donate half or more of their fortune to charity.
Zuckerberg signs Bill Gates-Warren Buffett's
9 Dec 2010
- Mark Zuckerberg, one of the youngest billionaires of the world signed the "Giving Pledge" initiative by Bill Gates and Warren Buffett and promised to donate more than half of his wealth to charity.
- Earlier, he had donated an undisclosed amount to an open social network project Diaspora and $100 million to Newark Public Schools.
- Facebook founder's fortune was worth $6.9 billion at that time.
Apple CEO to give all his wealth to charity
27 Mar 2015
- Apple CEO Tim Cook decided to give away all his wealth to charity after he finished paying for his nephew's college education.
- Cook who is close to becoming a billionaire, had his pay at Apple doubled to $9.2 million in 2014.
- In 2014, he had $145 million worth of stock awards and another $536 million in stock awards were yet to come.
Judy Faulkner to donate 99% of wealth!
11 Jun 2015
- Judy Faulkner, founder and CEO of Epic Systems said that she will donate 99% of her personal wealth to charity.
- Faulkner who's worth $2.3 billion claimed that she never had the desire to live a lavish life.
- She said, "My goal in pledging 99% of my assets to philanthropy is to help others with roots—food, warmth, shelter, healthcare, education—so they too can have wings"
137 billionaires have signed the pledge!
137 billionaires or billionaire families have signed the "Giving Pledge" initiative till now, including Manoj Bhargava, the richest Indian in America.
Saudi Prince to donate entire fortune to charity
2 Jul 2015
- World's 34th richest person, Saudi Billionaire Prince Alwaleed bin Talal has vowed to donate his entire fortune worth £20 billion to charity.
- The money will be used to foster cultural understanding, empower women and provide vital disaster relief among other things.
- The Prince said he was inspired by Bill Gates' initiative which urges billionaires all around the world to donate 50% of their wealth.
Zuckerberg to donate 99% of his Facebook shares
2 Dec 2015
- Mark Zuckerberg and his wife Dr. Priscilla Chan announced that they will donate 99% of their Facebook shares in their lifetime for charitable purposes.
- This announcement was made by Zuckerberg in an open letter to his new-born daughter Max.
- The money amounting to $45 Bn, will be given to the Chan Zuckerberg initiative and will be utilized to make the world a better place.
Facebook's COO Sandberg donates $31 million to charity
16 Jan 2016
- After Mark Zuckerberg, Facebooks' COO Sheryl Sandberg has decided to donate $31 million in Facebook stock to charity.
- Securities and Exchange Commission document contended that Sandberg had bequeathed "290,000 shares of Facebook stock" to various charities.
- The money is expected to go to causes she has supported in the past like women's empowerment group Lean In, to help support women in the workplace.
Bill Gates pledges his $58 billion fortune to charity... rather than his children | Daily Mail Online
PC: 'Bill Gates - World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos 2008 number3' by World Economic Forum - originally posted to Flickr as Bill Gates - World Economic Forum Annual Meeting Davos 2008. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'HRH Prince Alwaleed Bin Talal' by N/A - Kingdom Holding Company. Licensed under CC BY-SA 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Mark Zuckerberg - South by Southwest 2008' by Jason McELweenie. Licensed under CC BY 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Mark Zuckerberg at the 37th G8 Summit in Deauville 018 square' by Guillaume Paumier - Own work. Licensed under CC BY 3.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC:'Sheryl Sandberg Moet Hennessy Financial Times Club Dinner 2011' por Financial Times - Flickr: Sheryl Sandberg, Facebook. Licenciado sob CC BY 2.0, via Wikimedia Commons
PC:'Sheryl Sandberg World Economic Forum 2013' by World Economic Forum from Cologny, Switzerland - Women in Economic Decision-making: Sheryl SandbergUploaded by January. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Tim Cook 2009' by Valery Marchive (LeMagIT) - Flickr. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons
PC: 'Warren Buffett KU Visit' by Mark Hirschey - Work of Mark Hirschey. Licensed under CC BY-SA 2.0 via Wikimedia Commons