Will resign if required: St Stephen's principal
Suzuki finally parting ways from Maruti?

37 dead in attack on Tunisian resort

26 Jun 2015
37 dead in attack on Tunisian resort
  • Around 37 people are believed to be dead in a gun attack which took place at a Tunisian resort of Sousse near Imperial Marhaba hotel.
  • Those who got killed included British, German, Belgian and Irish tourists. The gunman who had open fired at the tourists at the beach was shot dead by the police.
  • ISIS took the responsibility of the attack.

Tourists flee Tunisia following hotel attack

28 Jun 2015
Tourists flee Tunisia following hotel attack
  • Tourists in huge numbers fled the Tunisian resort after the terrorist attack. There were a stream of buses which took the tourists away as they ended their vacation abruptly.
  • Meanwhile, ISIS posted a photo of the alleged attacker who was identified as as 23-year old Saif Al-Deen Al Rezgui from the town of Gaafour.
  • Al Rezgui's parents were later taken for interrogation in Tunis.

Eight suspects detained for attack

2 Jul 2015
Eight suspects detained for attack
  • 12 people had been arrested by the Tunisian government in connection with the attack and four of them were released later.
  • The eight left were suspected of direct involvement in the attack and were detained for further questiong. Their identities and roles have not yet been released.
  • 38 people had been confirmed dead in the attack, out of which 30 were British tourists

Image of second gunman surfaces!

5 Jul 2015
Image of second gunman surfaces!
  • Sunday Mail revealed an eyewitness image of a second gunman who was involved in the resort attack.
  • The gunman was wearing a light grey T-shirt and darker coloured camouflage-style shorts and shot tourists at point-blank range in the carnage in Sousse.
  • Scots holidaymaker Jim Stevenson claimed that he had seen this clean-shaven gunman shooting a woman who was ¬≠coming down the stairs.

Memorial for Tunisia victims announced by UK

5 Jul 2015
Memorial for Tunisia victims announced by UK
  • Prime Minister David Cameron announced a permanent memorial for the 30 British victims of the Tunisia hotel attack.
  • He further said, "There will be a separate site of remembrance for all Britons who have been victims of overseas terrorism."
  • Funds for the memorials were to come from the banking fines levied by the Financial Conduct Authority.

State of emergency declared in Tunisia

5 Jul 2015
State of emergency declared in Tunisia
  • President of Tunisia, Beji Caid Essebsi has declared a state of emergency following the Islamist militant attack at a hotel which killed 38 foreigners.
  • He said the country is in a "state of war" after the attack.
  • Emergency laws in Tunisia give more executive flexibility to the government, more authority to the military and the police and restrict certain public assembly and detention rights.

Gunman's mother says he was brainwashed

6 Jul 2015
Gunman's mother says he was brainwashed
  • The mother of the 23 year old gunman, Saif Al-Din Al Rezgui who was involved in the mass shooting of 38 tourists in a resort in Sousse, Tunisia, has said that her son was brainwashed.
  • She said her son was also a victim like the others.
  • Fresh reports claim that Rezgui was interested in breakdancing and had worked in the tourism industry before.

Terrorist attacks in June

Fact
Do you know?

There have been about 28 terrorist attacks all around the world in the month of June 2015, including suicide bombing, mass shooting, explosions and car bombings.