Ask NewsBytes
User Image

If anything goes wrong in e-filing, can we correct them?

Asked 2018-07-23 22:25:54 by parthasarathi japa

Answered by NewsBytes

Yes, you can correct them. All you need to do is to visit the website for correction. Register yourself and select the option of correction in form from 'Statements/Payments'. Fill the necessary details and download the copy at last for any reference.

A state government Employee gets a transfer to other workplace but remains in the same district. He returns after a time period to the previous place. Does he need to fill two different Form 16?

Asked 2018-07-23 16:28:47 by nitesh lather

Answered by NewsBytes

Form 16 is provided by the employer. If you have worked there for a few months and changed your job amid a financial year, then each employer under which you have worked should issue a separate Part A of form 16 for your period of employment.

If a person is getting a government pension of more than Rs.25000 per month, then does he has to submit his income tax return?

Asked 2018-07-23 15:09:17 by Neelavannan t e

Answered by NewsBytes

The pension is also termed as stipend given to the person for his/her any past service rendered to an organisation or on the basis of special merits. Your pension is also identified as your salary that is why it is taxed. You will be given exemption only in few cases.

Can I fill my ITR with the help of only 26AS Form?

Asked 2018-07-23 12:53:44 by SURAJ PANDEY

Answered by NewsBytes

Yes, you can fill your Income Tax Return even without form 16 by using form 26AS. Collect all the payslips and calculate your net salary. Match the amount of TDS deducted by your employer with the one in Form 26AS. Claim your deductions and include if there is any source of income other than salary and file ITR.

From where a retired person obtaining pension will receive form 16?

Asked 2018-07-23 12:34:19 by Kanchan Vij

Answered by NewsBytes

The banks which pay you the amount of Pension is also responsible to collect TDS of income tax. It is only in the case when your pension falls under the taxable bracket. You can obtain the form 16 from those banks.

My employer has not issued the form no.16. How should I get it?

Asked 2018-07-23 10:34:20 by ASARE SINGH

Answered by NewsBytes

The form is to be generated and downloaded by your employer from the TRACES portal. Your employer is required to issue you form 16 annually. You can ask your employer for this form. It is mandatory for him to provide you the form if he has deducted TDS on your salary.

I've to file ITR 1. I Downloaded the utility in excel form and filled salary data, TDS etc. What should I do next?

Asked 2018-07-23 10:25:03 by Santosh Choudhury

Answered by NewsBytes

Once you have downloaded the form and filled the necessary details, upload it to the website and File the ITR. In case you want to e-file the return, you can do so without even downloading the ITR forms.

Can we add our additional savings & eligible deductions in TTR1, which are not shown in Form 16?

Asked 2018-07-23 07:52:32 by Athinarayanan Avudaiyappan

Answered by NewsBytes

You should mention the details that are asked in the form. If you want to add additional savings and eligible deductions, you can add it before the net amount. Do not mention it separately if it is not mentioned in the form.

If anything wrong at my form 16 can I change it?

Asked 2018-07-23 05:59:05 by monmohan bharali

Answered by NewsBytes

Yes, you can. Visit the website, login, and select 'request for conso file' from Statement/Payments and import it on clear TDS. To open the zip file, the pattern of the password is "TAN of the director_latest request number of the respective form and quarter available in TRACES website". Make the necessary changes.

I have filed the income tax return from one of the tax websites which has tie-up with the company. Do I have to post a copy of that to the department also?

Asked 2018-07-22 23:55:13 by Syed Noorani

Answered by NewsBytes

No, you don't have to post a copy to the department. Central Board of Direct Taxation has announced that returns that have been filed online will be verified online also. The Aadhaar card of the person will be used in the verification process. New Electronic verification code has been introduced by CBDT.

Does every employee need to fill form 16? Does working years matter?

Asked 2018-07-22 22:56:16 by fareen Ansari

Answered by NewsBytes

Every employee is issued Form 16 by his/her employer. It is mandatory for your employer to give you such a form. Therefore, it is also mandatory for you to fill that form. As a salaried person, you are required to file the Income Tax Return. Working years play no such great role in this.

My name is wrongly typed in the form and hence I want to correct it. How shall I do so?

Asked 2018-07-22 22:15:10 by suzan d'souza

Answered by NewsBytes

If you want to make any corrections in your ITR form, visit the website, login, and select ' Request for Conso file' from Statement/ Payments and import it on Clear TDS. To open the zip file, the pattern of the password is "TAN of the Deductor_Latest request number of the respective form and quarter available in TRACES website". Make the necessary corrections.

Related Topics

Trending Timelines