HCL Technologies: One company, many specialities
- HCL Technologies is an international IT services company with its headquarters in Noida, UP, India.
- HCL Technologies provides services like remote infrastructure management, IT consulting, engineering and R&D, and BPO services.
- The company runs across many industries like consumer electronics, aerospace and defense, energy, automotive, public services, financial services, media, and entertainment, travel, hospitality to name a few.
Born out of HCL Limited
Originally a part of HCL Limited's research and development division, HCL Technologies emerged as an independent company in 1991 when HCL Limited ventured into the software services business.
HCL acquires Capital Stream for $40 million
- HCL Technologies acquired Capital Stream, Inc on 20 February 2008.
- The acquisition was made in an all-cash deal for approximately $ 40 million.
- US-based Capital Stream provided "comprehensive end-to-end lending and straight through processing solutions" to finance companies and commercial banks in North America.
- It also offered "Prospecting and Sales, Credit Analysis, Due Diligence, Documentation and Portfolio Monitoring."
HCL gains foothold in UK with Liberta BPO
- HCL Technologies declared that it had decided to take over Liberata Financial Services (LFS), a subject of Liberata, the UK-based company involved in business process outsourcing (BPO)
- As a part of the contract, HCL will get 4 delivery centers in the U.K., with 800 employees who will gain access to "HCL domain knowledge and technical expertise."
- The details of the agreement were not disclosed.
HCL'S strong global presence
The company has offices in 31 countries like China, Japan, Switzerland, Brazil, Mexico, South Africa, Singapore, UAE, Qatar, Belgium and USA etc.
HCL makes its presence felt in South Africa
- Indian software company HCL Technologies Ltd. announced that its HCL AXON department was acquiring the SAP operations of UCS Group Ltd. in South Africa
- The acquisition came through for an initial payment of $7.7 million in cash.
- HCL Technologies contended that the acquisition would expand HCL AXON's enterprise-software capacities and increase the company's business presence, in the retail sector, in South Africa.
Shining profile of HCL
HCL Technologies is one of the few Indian companies which featured on the Forbes Global 2000 list and is one of Asia’s Fab 50 Companies.
HCL takes over IT-wing of Volvo for $138million
- HCL Technologies has decided to buy Volvo Group's external IT business in an all-cash deal for $138 million (₹895 crore).
- Volvo Group will be also outsourcing its IT infrastructure services to HCL Technologies for five years for an undisclosed value.
- Volvo's acting President and CEO Jan Gurander contended: "I am convinced that this will benefit personnel, suppliers and customers."
HCL Technologies to acquire Geometric Limited
- HCL Technologies announced its plans to acquire Geometric Limited through an equity-swap deal.
- Geometric is India's leading "PLM consulting, mechanical engineering and manufacturing engineering services providers."
- The acquisition doesn't include the 58% stake that Geometric has in Dassault Systemes.
- HCL will issue "10 equity shares of ₹2 each to Geometric shareholders for every 43 equity shares of Geometric of ₹2 each held by them."