Greater Noida: Four cars in Auto Expo parking catches fire
At least four cars parked in the parking area of the ongoing Auto Expo in Greater Noida's Knowledge Park caught fire on Friday evening, leaving a Swift and an Amaze car completely damaged.
The other two cars were an i10 and an Ertiga. While the engine of the Hyundai i10 was damaged completely, the Ertiga's front part got burnt in the blaze.
Four cars in Auto Expo parking catches fire
Cars that caught fire were parked with 4,500 others
The fire started in the parking lot outside the India Expo Mart around 4 pm and could be seen from as far as two kilometers.
After the guards noticed the blaze, fire tenders were called in. It took around 45 minutes to douse the fire. The four cars damaged belonged to Expo visitors and were parked with around 4,500 other cars.
Cause of fire
Lit cigarette thrown by someone might be the cause
Even though the exact cause of the fire has not been ascertained yet, but it is being doubted that a lit cigarette thrown by someone must have caught fire in the dry grass of the parking lot, spreading it to the cars later.
Some are even saying that a short circuit in the engine of one of the cars might have started the fire.
Mumbai: 16-month-old conjoined twins ready to leave hospital after surgery
Delhi: Businessman's car gets stolen for the 4th time
To reduce pollution, will buy buses, launch plantation drive: Kejriwal