What's up with Delhi today?
27 Dec 2016
- The much-awaited and widely talked-about Delhi winters are here and accompanying it are the usual train delays.
- Dense fog in the northern India led to cancellation of two trains while 32 were running late.
- Meanwhile, there is a new twist in the Najafgarh murder as the accused brings in suicide-angle to the story.
- And how did a rumor keep a cash-loot intact, read further.
Three men involved in ATM loot arrested
- Three men who had robbed a cash van on December 19 near Patparganj crossing, were arrested by Police from outside an east Delhi mall on Monday.
- Police recovered the stolen money worth ₹9.5 lakh and the pistols used in the crime too.
- The accused had not spent the money after hearing the news of 'GPS chip in the new currency notes'.
Chhole-Kulche seller gone viral on social media, gets licence
- Urvashi Yadav who runs a chhole-kulche cart in HUDA Sector-14 became an internet sensation when her story of setting a food cart after her husband's accident went viral on social media.
- Urvashi was granted a vendor's licence by Municipal Corporation of Gurugram, who now aims to launch a 'food-truck'.
- She recently served her famous dish to politicians at Haryana's 'Digi Dhan Mela'.
Four arrested for raping an American woman
- A tour guide and a hotel staffer were among the four men arrested by police for raping an American-woman in April.
- The accused had been questioned earlier too but were not taken into custody as the agency they worked for gave a clean chit after an internal inquiry.
- Victim said that they drugged her before raping her and threatened her by making a video.
Karnataka and Delhi emerge as winners in floorball tournament
- The finals of National Floorball Tournament was held in Gautam Nagar, Noida for the first time.
- Karnataka and Delhi teams emerged victorious in the men and women categories respectively.
- Delhi and Maharashtra won the tournament in under-17 boys and girls categories.
- 1000 sports persons from twenty states have participated in the four-day long tournament, which was inaugurated by wrestler Babita Nagar.
What is Floorball?
Floorball is an indoor variation of hockey game which is played by five field players and a goalkeeper from each side. The game is played for three slots which are of twenty minutes each. It was originated in Sweden in 1986.
She committed suicide: man accused of murdering girl in Mercedes
- Shubham Gupta who had earlier confessed of shooting Simran in his Mercedes in Najafgarh, changed his statement on Sunday.
- Gupta claimed that Simran shot herself after getting into an argument with him.
- Police took Gupta to Haridwar in the same train which he had boarded after murder and took him to the same hotel where he had stayed, to gather evidence for the trial.
Kathputli residents fear forceful eviction by DDA
- Residents of Kathputli colony accused the Delhi Development Authority of forcefully evicting them from houses by deploying police and para-military forces.
- They said that they are being forced to sign documents, in the name of rehabilitation.
- Locals complained that DDA has not given any cut-off date for rehabilitation.
- DDA countered that only those houses will be demolished which have been issued the demolition slips.
Railway schedule goes for a toss due to fog
- Dense fog and low visibility in the northern India have disrupted the railway time-table.
- As many as 32 trains were running late and two were cancelled due to heavy fog in the area.
- Swatantrata Senani Express was delayed by over 23 hours.
- Air travel fared better than the railways as no flight was cancelled.
- Delhi recorded a minimum-temperature of 9.3 degree Celsius on Monday.
Indiatimes|The Times of India|The Economic Times Silver: 628 HI, Tanu The Times of IndiaCity Home City Delhi Citizen Reporter Crime Civic Issues Politics Schools & Colleges Events News » City News » Delhi News » ATM robbers in net with loot intact ATM robbers in net with loot intact