An FIR has been registered against actor Alok Nath at the Oshiwara police station on charges of rape, reports said.
The FIR was registered on the complaint of 'Tara' writer Vinta Nada.
In a long Facebook post, Vinta said Alok, famous for portraying roles of a father on silver and small screen, raped her at her residence 18 years ago, while she was drunk.
Thanks to #MeToo movement, Vinta mustered the courage to reveal her horrifying tale.
It happened at a party where she got drunk. When she was leaving, Alok offered to drop her home and she agreed.
The next morning she realized she was raped. She had been living with the trauma for years.
Her account gave others courage and actress Sandhya Mridul revealed Alok assaulted her at the beginning of her career.
After the case hogged limelight, Alok filed defamation suit against Vinta. His lawyer also approached a local Mumbai court seeking an order which stops Vinta from giving interviews.
Notably, court quashed the appeal.
However, inside the courtroom, Alok's lawyer indulged in victim shaming and said she didn't tell 'where it hurt' after rape. Vinta's lawyer shot back saying everyone knew what must have hurt.
Acting on the allegations which surfaced, Cine and TV Artistes' Association (CINTAA) expelled Alok.
CINTAA, in a statement, said they took the decision after Alok didn't show up at ICC and Executive committee, despite being summoned.
The body has asked him to present his points on May 1, and if he fails he may be expelled permanently.
Vinta welcomed the move saying everyone's accountable.
Want to share it with your friends too?
Love Entertainment news?
Subscribe to stay updated.