Want to share with your friends too?

10 Oct 2017

UP: 300 students fall ill after inhaling toxic gas

300 children fall sick after inhaling toxic gas

About 300 students in UP's Shamli district fell ill today allegedly after inhaling toxic gas emitted from a sugar mill near their school.

The Saraswati Shishu Mandir students were rushed to hospital when they started to complain of nausea, breathlessness, giddiness and burning sensation in eyes.

Though some have been discharged, some are still sick. Many have been referred to bigger hospitals in Meerut.

In context

300 children fall sick after inhaling toxic gas
Sugar mill sealed, owner absconding


Sugar mill sealed, owner absconding

Locals have alleged that despite complaints about release of harmful gas from mills, the administration didn't do anything.

Police have now assured preventive steps. "We've come to know that similar incidents have taken place earlier. Strict action will be taken against those responsible," said ADG Prashant Kumar.

Meanwhile, the sugar mill has been sealed. The owner is absconding. CM Adityanath has ordered a probe.

Ask NewsBytes
User Image

Next Timeline