60 highly poisonous snakes found in school kitchen in Maharashtra
Sixty highly poisonous Russell's viper snakes were found in the kitchen of a Zilla Parishad school in Maharashtra.
The spotting of so many snakes at one place has created panic among students and staffers of the school located in Pangra Bokhare village of Hingoli district.
After toiling for over two hours, a snake catcher caught all the snakes and put them in bottles.
Several villagers rushed to the spot for killing the snakes
A female cook spotted two snakes near the place where wood used for fuel was stored yesterday afternoon.
When she started lifting more pieces of wood, she saw other snakes.
The school's headmaster, Triyambak Bhosle, said, "All of us panicked after seeing so many snakes. Several villagers rushed to the spot with sticks and stones but we stopped them from killing the snakes."
Snakes were later handed over to the forest department
Bhimrao Bokhare, a school administrator, said that all the highly poisonous Russell's viper snakes were later handed over to forest officer JD Kachwe.