Man goes blind after consuming spurious liquor

India

24 Aug 2018

UP: Man loses eyesight after drinking spurious liquor in Shamli

A man was admitted to a hospital as he complained of losing his eyesight after consuming spurious liquor in Kamalpur village under the Jhinjhana police station in UP's Shamli district.

According to Deepak Kumar, the medical officer at the Shamli District Hospital, the patient, Mohar Singh, was brought to the hospital yesterday.

Singh was subsequently referred to the Meerut Medical College for treatment.

Details

Five people died in the village after consuming spurious liquor

According to an official, a medical camp was set-up in Kamalpur village after five people died and seven others fell ill after consuming spurious liquor recently.

The Station House Officer of Jhinjhana, Rajkumar Sharma, has been shifted to the police lines in connection with the incident.

Five policemen, including Sub-inspector KP Singh, have been placed under suspension for negligence in duty.

Share this timeline

Blindness

Uttar Pradesh

Alcohol

Health

Poisonous Food

Deepak Kumar

Kamalpur

KP Singh

Meerut Medical College

Mohar Singh

Share this timeline

Ask NewsBytes
User Image

Next Timeline