05 Sep 2018
Cracks on flyover in Thane; closed for vehicular traffic
A slab of the Rajiv Gandhi Flyover developed cracks. A "crater" was formed on the bridge after some of its cement plaster fell off, an official of the Bhiwandi Nizampur Municipal Corporation's Disaster Control Cell said.
Recently, Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis traveled on the bridge
Notably, Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis had traveled on Monday on the bridge during his visit to the town to attend the 'Dahi Handi' festival on Krishna Janmashtami.
Some of the iron rods on the bridge were also dangling precariously.
Bhiwandi Nizampur Municipal Commissioner Manohar Hirey and Disaster Cell Chief Suresh Gaikwad conducted an inspection of the flyover on Wednesday morning.
- Traffic Police
- Flyover Collapse
- 's Disaster Control Cell
- Bhiwandi Nizampur Municipal
- Bhiwandi Nizampur Municipal Commissioner Manohar Hirey
- Bhiwandi Nizampur Municipal Corporation
- Dahi Handi
- Devendra Fadnavis
- Disaster Cell Chief Suresh Gaikwad
- Disaster Control Cell
- Krishna Janmashtami
- Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadnavis
- Maharashtra CM Devendra Fadnavis
- Manohar Hirey
- Rajiv Gandhi Flyover
- Suresh Gaikwad