In the latest development in the Ayodhya title dispute, the sensitive case will not be taken up on January 29 by the Supreme Court as Justice SA Bobde is unavailable.
The Chief Justice Ranjan Gogoi led bench was supposed to announce the dates and frequency of hearings on Tuesday.
Earlier this month, the case hit another roadblock as Justice UU Lalit recused himself.
The historic Ayodhya case pertains to 2.77 acres land in the temple town. Hindus believe a temple where Lord Ram took human form was razed for the construction of 16th century Babri Masjid.
In 2010, the Allahabad High Court divided the land equally among all the three parties: deity Ram Lalla, Sunni Waqf Board and Nirmohi Akhada.
But no one was satisfied with it.
After Justice Lalit exited the sensitive case, CJI Gogoi said the case would be heard only after a new constitution bench was formed.
On January 25, he constituted a new bench which included Justice SA Bobde, Justice DY Chandrachud, Justice Ashok Bhushan and Justice Abdul Nazeer.
The case has been lying in top court since 2010 after parties challenged the Allahabad High Court order.
Dr. Rajeeev Dhavan, representing Muslim bodies, told the court Justice Lalit appeared as a lawyer in a case related to the dispute in 1990s.
Former UP CM Kalyan Singh was charged with contempt for not maintaining peace at the disputed property and Justice Lalit appeared for him.
Justice Lalit's exit hurt Hindu groups who believed the case is being delayed due to trivial issues.
With elections approaching, the matter has gained momentum once again. The ruling BJP is facing pressure from its allies who want it to bring an ordinance for the temple construction.
Recently, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Yogi Adityanath said he will resolve the matter in 24 hours if SC can't.
"It's causing a crisis so far as people's patience and trust are concerned," he said.
Want to share it with your friends too?
Love India news?
Subscribe to stay updated.