How to make your Aadhaar card error-free


18 May 2019

Error in your Aadhaar card? Here's how to rectify it

With so many government welfare schemes linked with Aadhaar, it is one of the most important documents you will ever hold.

Also, a vital proof of identity, it can come handy anywhere and anytime.

However, holding an erroneous Aadhaar might be a hindrance in completing official transactions.

So, if there is an error in your Aadhaar information, here's how you can get it rectified.

Online (1)

How to update/correct Aadhaar information online

How to update/correct Aadhaar information online

First off, log on to UIDAI's Self-Service Update Portal (SSUP).

Read the instructions carefully, and then click on 'Proceed.'

Next, enter your 12-digit Aadhaar number, the screen-displayed text verification code, and click on 'Send OTP' button.

Then enter the OTP received on your mobile number, tick the Address option and click on 'Submit' button.

Love India news?

Stay updated with the latest happenings.

Yes, notify Me

Online (2)

You can only update/correct residential address via online method

Then click on 'Submit Update Request' button, and proceed with the declaration.

Select the document type to be uploaded as Proof of Address (PoA), and subsequently upload a scanned copy of the selected PoA. Click on 'Submit'.

Finally, select the BPO service provider.

Your Address update request is then accepted, and an acknowledgement slip, containing an Update Request Number (URN) is issued to you.

How to check status for your address update request

After successfully placing a request for address updation, you can also check the status. To do so, head to the Self-Service Update portal on the UIDAI website. Enter your Aadhaar number, URN/SRN, the text verification, and click on 'Get status' button.

How to update/correct other information in your Aadhaar card

To update/correct other information (such as name, DoB, mobile number) in your Aadhaar, you'll have to visit an Aadhaar Enrolment Center, fill in an Aadhaar Update/Correction Form, and submit the same. You will have to submit an existing government ID proof, and verify your biometrics.

Share this timeline

Share this timeline

Ask NewsBytes
User Image

Next Timeline