Written bySagar Malik
For facilitating last-minute passenger reservations, IRCTC offers online Tatkal ticket booking service.
Such bookings typically open at 10 AM for AC classes, and at 11 AM for non-AC classes, one day prior to the actual date of journey.
Notably, there are two quotas for booking such tickets, viz. 'Tatkal' and 'Premium Tatkal' quota.
Here's everything you need to know about Premium Tatkal quota bookings.
To note, Premium Tatkal tickets come with a dynamic fare pricing system for all travel classes. This implies that ticket prices keep varying in accordance to the changing booking rates and seat availability. Generally, Premium Tatkal ticket bookings are costlier than Tatkal tickets.
Choose quota as 'Premium Tatkal.'
Enter the required passenger details and click on 'Next' button.
Finally, make payment and you are done.
1) Booking agents are not allowed to book tickets under the Premium Tatkal quota.
2) Confirmed passengers are charged fare under dynamic pricing system.
3) RAC and waitlisted bookings are not allowed under this category.
4) Only e-tickets are allowed. I-ticket bookings are not entertained.
5) No booking concession (even for child passengers) is applicable under this quota.
6) At the time of booking, identity card number of the prescribed identity proof is required to be submitted.
7) Also, at least one of the passengers must carry original ID proof while traveling.
8) In case of cancellation of the Premium Tatkal quota tickets, no refund of fare is granted to the passenger.
Love India news?
Subscribe to stay updated.