The Indian Army has managed to inflict serious damage on terrorists, who enjoy the support of Pakistani forces.
As many as 18 terrorists were killed and terror launch pads of Jaish-e-Mohammed were demolished in the artillery attack, which Indian Army launched on the intervening night of October 19 and 20.
16 personnel of Pakistani Army also died, an HT report said today.
Why did Indian Army launch attacks?
Indian Army retaliated last week to respond to multiple ceasefire violations of Pakistan, designed to give cover to terrorists and aid their infiltration. Courtesy the mischief of Pakistani forces, two Indian soldiers were martyred and one civilian died.
Speaking about the operation, Army Chief Bipin Rawat said launch pads in Neelum valley of PoK were destroyed.
Obviously, Pakistan refuted the claims of Indian Army.
Initially, it was reported six-ten Pakistani soldiers died
Though initial reports suggested six-ten Pakistani soldiers, and an equal number of terrorists, were eliminated, the latest news implies the number is quite high.
Officials in security agencies, who assessed the damage, said the terror launch pads which were destroyed housed terrorists of Jaish-e-Mohammed and other terrorist groups.
The Army, however, hasn't confirmed the number told by the officials.
Ration and ammunition depot were also destroyed: Officials
Anonymous defense ministry officials told the daily that 155 mm guns, which were employed for the operation, also destroyed ammunition and ration depots of Pakistan's forces.
Apart from four terror launch pads in Neelum Valley, similar establishments in Jura, Athamuqam and Kundalshahi were also demolished.
Further, ground intelligence hinted that Pakistan was taken by surprise after being hit with pin-point precision.
We have sent a strong message: Official
"By taking out the launch pads near LoC in PoK, we have sent a message that retaliation will come if any infiltration attempt is made in Jammu and Kashmir," an official at the security agency said.
Separately, Pakistan took foreign diplomats to the spot
While India is confident its forces nipped terrorism in its bud with the strikes, Pakistan denied it, obviously.
On Sunday, Pakistan took foreign diplomats to the spot, foreign ministry's spokesperson Mohammed Faisal said on Tuesday.
They were taken to Neelum Valley, Nauseri, Shahkot and Jura sectors, Dawn reported. The visitors were shown shells by Inter-Services Public Relations Director General Maj Gen Asif Ghafoor.