Two and a half year old toddler raped
- A two and a half year old girl was abducted and raped while she was watching a 'ramlila' performance near her house.
- The neighbours had found her heavily bleeding and lying unconscious in a nearby park in West Delhi's Nangloi area.
- She had suffered severe damage to her private parts and had bite marks on her body; she was immediately taken to the hospital.
Protests in Delhi over the toddler's rape
- Almost 8 dozen people gathered near the toddler's home accusing the Delhi police of inaction.
- One of the protestors said that Delhi police has failed to arrest any accused and the city is becoming more unsafe day by day.
- The demonstrators expressed outrage over the fact that Delhi had witnesses several sexual assault cases against women and toddlers recently.
Kejriwal and Maliwal condemn law and order situation
- Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal said that the repeated cases of rape in Delhi were worrying.
- He questioned Delhi Police's effectiveness and blamed PM Modi too for the law and order failure.
- Condemning the case, Delhi Commission for Women (DCW) Chairperson Swati Maliwal said that law and order is deteriorating and Centre and Delhi government should find a solution for this.
Video-footage theory gone wrong
The police had released a video from a security camera on 17th October that showed two men with a child on a bike but they turned out to be locals who were travelling with the daughter of one of the two riders.
Two juveniles arrested in toddler rape case
- 250 locals were questioned by more than 15 teams of Delhi Police; finally they arrested two juveniles in relation with the rape of the minor girl.
- The juveniles aged around 17 years, lived in the same neighbourhood as the girl and were known to the girl's family.
- They had taken advantage of the 10-minute power cut in the area and had abducted the girl.
Another incident on the same day
A five-year-old was raped by three men in east Delhi's Anand Vihar area on the same day as the two and half year old was raped.
Delhi becoming unsafe by the day
- India recorded 36,735 rape cases in 2014 with 2,096 of them in Delhi.
- Police data showed that this year six rape and 14 molestation cases were reported in the capital everyday.
- Police claimed that they had solved 90% of the reported cases.
- According to National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB) data, 364 rape cases of girls aged below 10 were reported in 2013 and 2014.