Similar story, different artist
- Pakistani singer Atif Aslam's concert that was to be held in Hadapsar, Pune on April 25 was cancelled due to Shiv Sena threats.
- The Shiv Sena has been opposing Pakistani artists' performances in India because of 'ceasefire violations' along the Line of Control (LoC).
- In 2014 too, Shiv Sena had successfully disrupted Sufi rock concert band Meekal Hasan's (MHB) performance.
Ghulam Ali concert cancelled over Sena protests
- Pakistani vocalist Ustad Ghulam Ali's concert that was to be held at the Shanmukhananda auditorium in Mumbai was cancelled following protests by the Shiv Sena.
- The party warned to "publicly oppose" the concert, a Sena doublespeak for destruction and street violence.
- Shiv Sena said that they were protesting against the firing on the border by Pakistan and did not want a Pakistani to perform.
After Mumbai, Pune cancels concert
After the cancellation of the 'Ek Ehsaas' concert in Mumbai, the concert which was to take place in Pune on 10 October was cancelled as well.
BJP says Sena action 'not justified'
- The CM of Maharashtra, Devendra Fadnavis said that the "show must go on" and that the government would provide security so that nothing unfortunate takes place during the concert.
- Proving that BJP and Sena did not agree with each other on this issue, Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi also called the Sena's intimidation to obstruct the concert "not justified" and boundaries should not interfere like this.
Ghulam Ali hurt over cancelled concert
Ghulam Ali on getting this news said he was hurt and not angry and that he had "a lot of love in India. Such controversies spoil people's 'sur'. I only spread love through my music."
Sena justifies anti-Ghulam stand
- Shiv Sena defended its objection against the ghazal concert stating "we can't have fun when we have encounters going on everywhere".
- Shiv Sena's youth leader Aditya Thackeray said that several ceasefire infractions by Pakistani troops had forced them to take this stance.
- He said this move showed sensitivity towards the soldiers.
- Moreover, he clarified that Shiv Sena was not against Ghulam Ali but Pakistan.
Kejriwal invites Ghulam Ali to Delhi
- The government of Delhi welcomed Pakistani singer Ghulam Ali to perform his 'Ek Ehsaas' concert in the national capital.
- The AAP government explained their move by declaring that "music has no boundaries".
- The concert was a commemorating tribute to the late singer Jagjit Singh, marking his fourth death anniversary.
- Delhi Culture Minister- Kapil Mishra, too invited Ali to perform.
Ghulam Ali cancels concerts till India-Pak relations thaw
- Ghulam Ali has announced that he would not be performing in India till the bilateral issues between India and Pakistan are not resolved.
- The singing sensation was visibly upset by the politicization of cultural event like his concert.
- His two concerts scheduled to be held in "Delhi on December 3 and in Lucknow on November 25" stand cancelled.
Heavy security for Ghulam Ali concert in Kozhikode
- Over 600 policemen will be on duty to ensure that the Ghulam Ali concert scheduled in Kozhikode by the Grand Kerala Shopping Festival Directorate, goes off without any untoward incident.
- Police said Ghulam Ali will be escorted to the concert today evening by commandos in two vehicles.
- A protest march has been planned at the venue by Shiv Sena and Hanuman Sena volunteers.
Ghulam Ali to perform in Thane in Feb
- Nationalist Congress party leader Jitendra Awhad has announced that Ghulam Ali would perform in Thane in February in an event organized by him.
- He has stated that the performance would take place during a four day 'Thane festival' that will begin on February 11.
- He added that Ghulam Ali has confirmed that he will be attending and performing at the event.
UP Shiv Sena Chief put under house arrest
- The UP government has decided to put Shiv Sena's UP Chief Anil Singh on house arrest ahead of Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali's concert in Lucknow.
- In spite of that, Singh said that protests would be carried out in the city.
- Sena chief has accused the UP government of 'hurting' Hindu sentiments and said that Sena won't tolerate this 'betrayal'.
Ghulam Ali’s music event in Delhi cancelled after threats
- The music launch of Ghar Wapsi, a movie featuring Pakistani ghazal maestro Ghulam Ali which was scheduled to be held in Delhi was cancelled because of security threats.
- The director, Suhaib Illyasi claimed that the Hindu Sena had threatened to disrupt the event.
- The management of the venue, however, said the event was cancelled because there was "no information about it" and "no documentation".