PM indirectly calls Lalu a 'Shaitan'
- Attacking Lalu's remark that Hindus too ate beef, PM Modi said that Lalu had hurt the Yaduvanshi pride.
- Using clarification that a Shaitan (demon) made him such a thing, Modi asked whether people of Bihar would allow the person in whom Shaitan resides to rule the state.
- Modi questioned whether the Grand Alliance wants to open beef shops in every corner of the state.
Lalu attacks PM by calling him 'Pisaach Modi'
- Rashtriya Janadal (RJD) chief Lalu Prasad Yadav, in a counter attack, called PM Modi a Brahm Pisaach (Super Demon).
- He said that Modi had insulted him by calling him Shaitan because he was from a low-caste.
- Lalu said that smoke from burned yellow mustard and burned chillies will make Modi run away from Bihar.
- He also vowed to push PM Modi out of Bihar.
Main participants of the Bihar elections
CM Nitish Kumar led Grand Alliance has Sonia Gandhi’s Congress, and Lalu Prasad Yadav’s RJD. The NDA, consists of, BJP, Ram Vilas Paswan’s Lok Janshakti Party, Jitan Ram Manjhi’s Hindustani Awam Morcha, and Upendra Kushwaha’s Rashtriya Lok Samta Party.
Lalu calls Modi a political Ravana, NDA responds
- Lalu described Modi as a political Ravana whose politics would end in Bihar.
- He said that like the slaying of Ravana on Dussehra, people would slay Modi.
- NDA leader Radha Mohan Singh said people would seal the fate of Lalu, who promoted "jungle raj" in the state.
- BJP ally RLSP-chief Upendra Kushwaha accused that Lalu had anticipated his defeat and was speaking irrelevant things.
Nitish mocks Modi by spoofing 3 Idiots song
- Bihar CM Nitish Kumar took a jibe at PM Modi by spoofing a song from the movie 3 Idiots.
- The song attacked the black money issue, Modi's foreign trips, rising inflation, Mann Ki Baat and selfies.
- In the song, he said that PM Modi had come from Gujarat and had promised to bring back black money; however, he had disappeared.
Modi likens Grand Alliance to 3 Idiots
- Responding to Nitish's spoof song of 3 idiots, Modi called Grand Alliance the 3 Idiots.
- He advised CM Nitish Kumar to perfect the art of Mushaira.
- He said that Nitish was a great entertainer and should do it professionally after losing the elections.
- He added that Nitish would shed tears about leaving BJP's hand in June 2013 and joining it with Lalu in 2015.
Pakistan would be happy if BJP loses: Shah
- Addressing a rally in Kurhani, Bihar, BJP President Amit Shah warned the voters that terrorists in Pakistan would be happy over BJP's loss.
- He said that Bihar had turned into a refuge for terrorists under Lalu and Nitish's rule.
- A BJP advertisement in newspapers on October 29 had pointed out the same things and questioned Nitish Kumar's claims of good governance.
Grand Alliance breached all levels of decency: Modi
- Ahead of 4th-phase of Bihar polls, Modi attacked Grand Alliance by saying Nitish and Lalu do not have time for people and would benefit only their relatives.
- Modi said that Nitish's ministers were caught taking money but he did not have an objection.
- He said that Grand Alliance had insulted the people of Bihar by saying that people who attend his rallies were paid.
Grand Alliance, BJP complain against each other
- BJP's Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi in a complaint to Election Commission (EC), said that Grand Alliance members were communalising Bihar campaign.
- Few hours later, KC Tyagi of the ruling Janata Dal (United) complained to EC that Amit Shah made problematic comments and should not be allowed to campaign further.
- Both sides have used strong words to attack the other in the campaign, making it dirtier.