The deadliest punch in NBA history
- In a Houston Rockets-LA Lakers game, the players engaged in a fight at half court.
- Rudy Tomjanovich who had gone in to break up the fight was punched by Rockets player Kermit Washington. The near fatal punch almost killed Tomjanovich dislocating his skull.
- The rules in basketball were changed with the punch; penalties were introduced.
- Washington's sub par career ended with that fight.
Zidane headbutts Materazzi for hurling insults
- Zinedine Zidane's 2006 World Cup headbutt is probably the most controversial event in football.
- He allegedly charged at Italian Marco Materazzi for hurling spiteful words at him.
- There were conflicting speculations suggesting Materazzi commented about Zidane's mother and terrorism.
- Though Materazzi himself admitted to having said: "I prefer the whore that is your sister" which made the French player lose his cool.
Zidane headbutt gets immortalized in bronze
The Zidane headbutt was immortalized by Adel Abdessemed, an Algerian-born artist, in a 16 feet high bronze statue which was displayed in Paris in October 2013, outside the Pompidou art museum.
Sreesanth slapped by Harbhajan Singh
- Harbhajan Singh who had been mired in a racial slurr controversy with Andrew Symonds, again came under the spotlight for wrong reasons.
- After the IPL match between Mumbai and Punjab, Harbhajan Singh slapped his opponent paceman S. Sreesanth.
- While some confirm the slap, others believe it was a tap on the latter's cheek.
- Still others have blamed Sreesanth for abusing Harbhajan and provoking him.
When Sir Alex hit Beckham, with a boot!
- Moments after United had been knocked out of the FA Cup by arch-rivals Arsenal, the former's manager pegged the entire loss on David Beckham's head.
- Feeling bullied, cornered and insulted publicly, Beckham swore at the manager.
- Sir Alex kicked a boot lying on the floor which hit Beckham (he got 2 stitches for the wound) and Beckham lunged at the manager.
IK Enemkpali punches fellow teammate Smith
- Geno Smith quarterback for the Jets was attacked by his fellow teammate IK Enemkpali in the locker room.
- The attack broke Smith's jaw and he will not be able to play till October,
- According to a source, the reason behind the fight was over money.
- Other said that Enemkpali was infuriated after Smith didn't show at a football camp organised by him for children.
Kyrgios fined for lewd comments on Wawrinka's girlfriend
- Nick Kyrgios and Stan Wawrinka garnered headlines for their involvement in a heated confrontation in the locker room after Kyrgios made a snide remark about Wawrinka's girlfriend.
- Kyrgios' on-court comment that his opponent's friend and compatriot Thanasi Kokkinakis had slept with Donna Vekic, Wawrinka's girlfriend, prompted this controversy.
- The Australian has been fined £4,700 for the comments picked up by courtside microphone.
Wawrinka tweets his disapproval
Expressing his disappointment at Nick Kyrgios comments, Wawrinka tweeted "What was said I wouldn't say to my worst enemy. To stoop so low is not only unacceptable but also beyond belief."