Ravi Shashtri hits out at Wankhede curator
- Ravi Shastri and Wankhede Stadium curator Sudhir Naik were involved in a heated exchange of words after India's heavy loss to South Africa by 214 runs in the fifth and deciding ODI in Mumbai.
- Shastri who was unhappy with the pitch abused Naik, a former Test batsman, in Marathi.
- Naik stood his ground and told Shahstri not to question his credentials.
About Sudhir Naik
Sudhir Naik is a former Indian Test batsman. Beside playing for India, he also captained Bombay in the Ranji Trophy for several years. Naik has also mentored bowler Zaheer Khan.
Curator Sudhir Naik lodges complaint against Ravi Shastri
- Mumbai Cricket Association (MCA) received a written complaint from Sudhir Naik, curator of Wankhede stadium about Ravi Shastri's misdemeanour.
- Naik alleged that Shastri and bowling Coach Bharat Arun had an unnecessary outburst after India's loss to South Africa in the ODI series decider at Wankhede Stadium on Sunday.
- The MCA managing committee will decide whether to forward the complaint to the BCCI.
SA wins the bilateral ODI series
In the ongoing freedom series, South Africa (3-2) have registered their first ODI bilateral series win over India on Indian soil. Proteas broke many records in the final and deciding match in Wankhede including registering their highest total (438) against India in ODIs.
BCCI to look into the pitch fiasco
- BCCI secretary Anurag Thakur said that the board wll look into the details about Ravi Shastri's alleged altercation with Wankhede Stadium curator Sudhir Naik.
- He said that the Standard Operating Procedure will be followed just like it was done in Australia earlier this year (in reference to Virat Kohli abusing a journalist from a leading national daily in Perth during World Cup) .
Manjrekar slams Ravi Shastri for abusing curator
- Former Indian cricketer Sanjay Manjrekar criticised India Team director Ravi Shastri for his alleged behaviour towards Wankhede Pitch curator Sudhir Naik.
- He tweeted, "Ravi Shastri completely out of line to abuse Sudhir Naik, curator at Wankhede. Showed disrespect to age & fellow test cricketer."
- Former batsman Vinod Kambli too expressed his displeasure saying, why blame the curator when the whole team didn't do well.