On September 27, at least two rockets hit the Hamid Karzai International Airport in Kabul hours after US Secretary of Defense James Mattis's landed there.
So far, no casualties have been reported. Both the Taliban and ISIS have claimed responsibility for the attack.
Mattis arrived in Kabul with NATO Secretary General Jens Stoltenberg to hold talks with Afghan officials and to meet US troops.
Kabul airport hit by rockets
"At 11.36 am two missiles were fired on Kabul International Airport from Deh Sabz district, damaging the air force hangers and destroying one helicopter and damaging three other helicopters, but there were no casualties," said Kabul airport Chief Yaqub Rassouli.
28 Sep 2017
SpiceJet plane with 180 passengers narrowly escapes Kabul airport attack
The boarding for flight SG 22 was nearly complete when the attack took place.
"However, passengers and crew were safely deboarded and taken to the terminal building. There was no damage to the aircraft," a SpiceJet spokesperson said.