A nasty break-up ended up costing a 19-year-old woman thousands of dollars, albeit the damage was self-inflicted.
Reportedly, the woman, Ariauna Chantell Lillard, used a butane torch to set love letters from her ex-boyfriend on fire inside her apartment.
The fire got out of control and caused $4,000 worth of damage to the apartment in Lincoln, Nebraska.
Here are more details.
According to the Lincoln Police Department, Lillard used a butane torch to set the letters afire, however, they didn't immediately catch fire.
Hence, she left them on the carpet and went to take a nap.
Unbeknownst to her, the letters were only smoldering.
She woke up sometime later with the sound of her smoke alarm and found that her carpet was on fire.
Shortly after that, the Lincoln Police Department and the Lincoln Fire and Rescue Department arrived at the apartment complex near 46th and Meredeth Street.
The officials extinguished the fire at the third-floor apartment within minutes, the Associated Press reported.
Fortunately, no one was injured and none of the neighboring apartments sustained any damage.
According to The Smoking Gun, the only damage done was to Lillard's own apartment, including a burned carpet, and damage by smoke, which amounted to $4,000.
Lillard has been cited for negligent burning. Reportedly, she was alone in the apartment at the time of the incident.
The report added that she is set to appear in court on October 16 on charges of arson.
Want to share it with your friends too?
Love World news?
Subscribe to stay updated.