A major fire broke out in a windowless house in Saudi Arabia and killed at least 10 Indians, 1 Bangladeshi national and left 6 others injured.
Reportedly, the victims of the house fire died of asphyxiation.
Saudi Arabia: 10 Indians killed in house fire
Sushma Swaraj assures of timely help
EAM Sushma Swaraj in a series of tweets said that she was aware of the fire tragedy in Najran.
She also said that she had spoken to Consul General Jeddah and he was updating her from time to time.
Swaraj's response came after a woman, Vidya, asked for the minister's help in bringing back mortal remains of one of those killed in the incident.
House fire broke out due to short-circuiting
The 10 Indian nationals killed in the tragedy were migrant labourers who were working in a construction company and were staying near a gold market in Faisaliah district. Preliminary reports suggested that fire broke out due to a short circuit in an old air-conditioning unit.
Love World news?
Stay updated with the latest happenings.
Najran's Governor orders inquiry
Following the major fire incident, Najran Governor Prince Jluwi bin Abdelaziz ordered a committee to be set for investigating the accident.
The Governor also maintained that companies shouldn't rent out buildings which aren't fit for living.
Reportedly, around nine million foreign workers, mostly from Asian region, reside in Saudi Arabia.
Food offered at religious places exempted from GST: Finance Ministry
Gurugram residents are using this fridge to fight food wastage