Car catches fire due to CNG-kit malfunction
Three men from Gurugram's Palda village were burnt to death near the city's Lemon Tree Hotel as the car they were traveling in had caught fire allegedly due to CNG kit malfunctions. Within ten minutes, the car, a Maruti Esteem, was gutted before fire officials could reach the place. The deceased were identified as 38-year-olds Gajendra and Devendra and 28-year-old Narendra.
"Although the vehicle was an Esteem, the owner had made arrangements to install a CNG kit. This appears to have malfunctioned, causing the fire. We could not identify them initially because their bodies were charred beyond recognition," SHO Kumar said.
The timeline is brewing!