Mumbai: Student, who consumed poison after failing exams, dies
A 21-year-old student, who had allegedly consumed poison after failing in her college exams, today died while undergoing treatment at a private hospital in suburban Kurla area of Mumbai. Puja Sangle, the daughter of a constable attached to Nehrunagar police station, was depressed for the past few days after she failed her second year Bachelor of Architecture exams. Here's more.
The girl consumed poison three days ago
"She (Puja) died today while undergoing treatment. A probe into the incident is underway," said Vilas Shinde, senior inspector, Nehrunagar police station. Three days ago, she consumed poison and fell unconscious near Kurla station following which she was rushed to a nearby hospital, he said. The official said the deceased had also applied for admission to a new stream at a different college.