Lankesh Killing: Karnataka government to take call on banning organizations
Karnataka Deputy Chief Minister G Parameshwara today said the state government would soon take a call on banning the organizations involved in the killing of noted journalist-activist Gauri Lankesh. Parameshwara said, "No discussions have taken place regarding the organizations involved in the crime, but shortly we'll take a decision on that." The SIT probing the killing of Lankesh had yesterday named a Hindu outfit.
SIT named Sanatan Sanstha in its additional charge sheet
The SIT had yesterday filed an additional charge sheet naming Sanatan Sanstha, a Hindu outfit and 18 accused in the crime. The team has sought time from the court to investigate the case further. Lankesh, 55, known for her left-leaning and strong anti-Hindutva views, was shot dead in front of her house in Bengaluru on September 5 last year, triggering a nationwide outrage.
So far, 18 people have been accused in Lankesh killing
Soon after the killing, the then Siddaramaiah-led government constituted the SIT to probe into the killing. So far, 18 people have been accused in the crime, including shooter Parashuram Waghmare, masterminds Amol Kale, Sujith Kumar alias Praveen, and Amit Degwekar. The gang is suspected to be involved in the killing of three other rationalists MM Kalburgi, Narendra Dabholkar, and Govind Pansare.