Goa: 24-year-old man dies of suspected drug overdose
A 24-year-old picnicker from Hyderabad, staying in a hotel at popular Anjuna beach in Goa, died in Panaji today, police said. Police suspect drug overdose as the cause behind the death of Shashank Sharma who was holidaying in North Goa along with his brother and a friend. The trio was staying in a hotel at Anjuna beach since Saturday, the official said.
Sharma died at hospital during treatment
"Sharma returned to the hotel after having dinner with two others at around 1:30 am Monday. He went out again and returned one hour later," said Anjuna Police Inspector CL Patil. As Sharma was feeling giddy and uneasy, he was shifted to the Goa Medical College and Hospital near Panaji where he died during treatment, the Police Inspector said.