This is how you can access the Dark WebLast updated on Jul 11, 2018, 08:09 pm
Believe it or not, not all of the Internet is visible to everyone. In fact, a major part of it is "hidden", and cannot be accessed through browsers like Chrome.
This hidden section of the world wide web is called The Deep Web. It comprises internal websites' data, and sometimes illegal platforms and addresses.
Read on to know how you can access Dark/Deep Web.
DISCLAIMER: This article is for informative purposes only, and is not meant to promote/legitimize/abet criminal activities via the use of illegal channels on the Deep Web.
First things first, how's Deep Web different from Clear Web?
Clear Web or Surface Web is that section of the Internet that is easily visible and accessible to all of us. It is where we go to send our emails, make web searches, or do online shopping.
But, where the Clear Web ends, the Deep Web begins. It comprises all those sites and addresses that cannot be indexed by search engines like Google.
An introduction to the Dark Web (sub-part of Deep Web)
The Dark Web is a sub-part of the Deep Web that contains most of the illegal content and dealings done over the world wide web.
There's a large variety of such illegal dealings such as piracy, extortion, money laundering, child pornography, hacking, and so on.
There's no standard web browser for accessing the Dark Web, like there's Google or Mozilla for the Surface Web.
Do you know?
96% of the web is dark: Study
Researchers believe that the general public has access to a meagre 4% of the Internet, while the rest of it, a massive 96%, is "The Deep Web", inaccessible through commonly-used web browsers like Google Chrome and Internet Explorer.
How to access Dark Web: Get yourself a VPN
Needless to say, while accessing the Dark Web, it is imperative to maintain anonymity over the web.
And for this very reason, you'll need to get yourself a VPN (Virtual Private Network), and will have to use it all the time, whatsoever.
Not using a VPN will make it easier for the Internet service providers to track you, if you may.
Next, download a compatible web browser
Notably, addresses and websites over the Dark Web cannot be accessed using any normal web browsers like Google Chrome. TOR is the most commonly used browser to access Dark Web.
You should close all your web browser windows, and apps connected to the Internet. Next, open the VPN app and set the location different from your real one.
Finally, download the TOR browser.
Install the TOR browser and get going
After the downloading part is done, open the file by double-clicking on it, and extract it to your desired destination folder on your PC.
Now, in the destination folder, click on start TOR browser. A browser window will show up on your computer screen.
You can now start accessing Dark Web addresses and platforms.
Tips on how to not get caught while accessing
Don't mess with the TOR browser's window size.
Disconnect the camera or physically block your system's camera to avoid getting hacked.
Disconnection or blocking your system's microphone is also advisable.
Using real names, passwords, images, or other info poses big risk and should be avoided.