'Deadpool 2' will re-release in December
'Deadpool 2', Marvel's sequel, re-introduced the 'Merc with a Mouth' as he tried to save the future of the world. It was well received by fans and critics. Notably, just last month, Fox announced that an untitled Deadpool film would release on December 21. The rumors said the film would be a PG-13 cut, which writers Paul Wernick and Rhett Reese have now confirmed.
In an interview, both writers confirmed the PG-13 'Deadpool 2' movie, besides adding that Ryan Reynolds, who plays Deadpool, had filmed new scenes for it. Wernick said that they hit the soundstages two months back, with Ryan in the red suit, and the director David Leitch present. Since the complete team was reunited and the reshoots came together well, they were all 'super excited'.
When asked about the actors who were returning to the reshoots, the writers declined to comment, saying that it would ruin the fun if they accidentally revealed something pivotal. Nonetheless, Wernick admitted that Reynolds had thought up 'a great framing device' for the new cut. However, both writers quickly affirmed that the new cut did not change the storyline perceptibly, just modified it.
Apart from the new cut, Deadpool's franchise might have exciting days ahead. With the impending Fox and Disney merger, Fox's Marvel characters will come under Kevin Feige's control. Deadpool might team up with more X-Men. As per some reports, director Drew Goddard was set to make an X-Force spin-off with Josh Brolin and Zazie Beetz, who played Cable and Domino in 'Deadpool 2'.