'Moonshot': Watch Cole Sprouse-Lana Condor's flick on Amazon Prime now
Popular Gen-Z actors Cole Sprouse and Lana Condor have teamed up for the first time in Christopher Winterbauer's Moonshot. The science-fiction rom-com got released in the US and some other countries on Thursday via HBO Max. But viewers in India need not worry, as it hit Amazon Prime Video on April 1 (Friday). Mason Gooding, Emily Rudd, and Zach Braff round up the cast.
- After the successful To All the Boys I've Loved Before trilogy, Candor will once again approach the rom-com genre.
- She'll be getting able support from Sprouse (Riverdale, Five Feet Apart ).
- However, it has tough competition ahead of it.
- On the same day, Kaun Pravin Tambe? and Bheeshma Parvam are dropping on Disney+ Hotstar.
- Meanwhile, Radhe Shyam is coming to Prime on April 1.
The film has been pitched as a rom-com "with a twist," and will follow the "journey of the lead pair as they join forces in order to be reunited with their significant others." However, this journey won't be easy or limited to one planet as it is touted to wind up "taking them both wildly and unexpectedly off course," according to the press release.
At the center, we have Sophie (Condor) who is conflicted about losing her long-time boyfriend Calvin (Gooding) to long distance. Calvin, a scientist, has shifted to Mars for a "temporary" job that's now turning out to be permanent. Separately, Walt (Sprouse) falls in love with Ginny (Rudd), who is also leaving for Mars, too. Now both Sophie and Walt must follow their hearts.
As we have seen in the trailer, both Sophie and Walt will end up on a special program on Mars, looking for something entirely different. But as the fates of the rom-com genre would have it, things aren't going to go as planned. New Line Cinema and HBO Max are presenting the Berlanti Schechter Films/Entertainment 360 production, Moonshot.